Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #1 
MJK87

First bubble nest!!! Help please!!!

Im so happy. I came home from work today and my betta that I've only had for 2 weeks had made his first bubble nest. Bad news is he is due for a water change and Im in the middle of moving to a new apartment. I was just wondering, that if I have to drain his tank, will he make a new bubble nest or should I not disturb it? Is there a way to save the nest or is it something that they only do when the conditions are right? I have read that they only make them when they are healthy and happy. I have no clue what to do with the nest because this is my first betta and its acctualy a good size nest. Im just glad that I got a sign that he is healthy and happy. Some more knowledge about bubble nests would do me some good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
MJK87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #2 
GunsABlazin

it depends on the fish, iv had boys that dont care if i destroy a nest, they just rebuild! Some get quite cranky though..lol.

Its a sign that they are happy and healthy.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:36 AM   #3 
Jirothebetta

I'm afraid that there is not much you can do but try to work around it...You could maybe try scooping it up into a container of water but pretty much no matter what you do it is going to get a little damaged...but don't worry, even if it gets destroyed he will probably just begin work on another one in no time
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote