Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2011, 07:46 AM   #111 
Sakura8

After all, fry abuse laws are quite strict: eat one and you're outta there.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:55 AM   #112 
Jirothebetta

XD LOL yes they are...and I'm an even stricter enforcer, I'm like camando betta mama XD "Jiro, if I even see you look'in at a baby wrong I'll pull you outta that tank so fast you'll be cross-eyed" of course if he knew that waiting for him is a nice, warm, stress free doctor tank...he might decide being daddy of the year can wait XD
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #113 
Sakura8

He'd be like, "You mean you'll babysit? Really? Get me outta here then!" *does dance of anticipation* I can't wait to see how many of the fry look like him. Those true green bettas are hard to find, most are teal with some green. And I still can't believe you found him at a pet store! He's sooo handsome!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #114 
Jirothebetta

XD I can almost invision him giving the *long look* at a fry, just so I would now he meant business XD

Jiro's actually not a *true green* betta, despite what he looks like on camera he is actually a really pretty turquoise color, which is what attracted me to him in the first place...for some reason any kind of flash make's him look green *shrugs* I don't quite understand it, but he's my pretty boy either way...

and I'll admit, I never have quite gotten over the shock of seeing his handsome butt sitting so neatly in a new shipment of petco betta's...it blew my mind XD
Old 08-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #115 
Sakura8

Aww, I wish I could meet Jiro in person so I could see what he looks like turquoise. He really has gorgeous fins, too. What kind of tails are you expecting from this spawn?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #116 
Jirothebetta

For the most part I'm expecting halfmoons, both of Kurai's parents were halfmoons and so were most of her uncles, so that's my best guess, I couldn't really expect to see any of Jiro's double tailed genes until an F2 generation...but then, a girl can dream XD...you know...Jiro is also a rose tail...so if I'm lucky I might get one or two of those, there really is no telling...I guess we will just have to wait and see
Old 08-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #117 
Sakura8

*looks around trying to find space for one more tank* Wow, those are going to be some gorgeous bettas when they grow up.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #118 
Jirothebetta

OMG...I just looked in my tank and could only find like two babies...It freaked me out really badly, then Jiro swam up to the bubble nest and spit out like 20 of them right in front of my face XD He looked so proud of his self, kinda like he was saying "see that! I am a good daddy! Lets see any normal father round up twenty children and carry them home in his mouth!" XD XD XD
Old 08-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #119 
Sakura8

Instead of how many marshmallows can you fit in your mouth, it's how many of your kids. Good job, Jiro.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #120 
Jirothebetta

XD He really is a good daddy...I can't believe I ever doubted him XD