Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2011, 02:25 AM   #1 
Creat

Gah What is wrong with me!!!!

Seriously I get back and 4 of my fish are sick.... and I keep loosing them to some weird unknown disease...
First Worthless died, then Montey and now Zimmerman and Huckleberry are showing the same symptoms
They start acting lethargic and their fins start tearing on the edges and they stop taking food and will die usually a day or so after. I tried Montey on an anti-bacterial (it escapes me which one) to no use and Worthless on an anti fungal... both were heated and had oak leaves and a little salt... the salt seems to help Zimmerman bot not Huckleberry and both Zim and Huckle are on the salt heated water oak leaf treatment.
Do they all have something different or am I just oblivious?
Gah I feel like a bad fish keeper...
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:42 AM   #2 
Sakura8

Did they have any strange gray-black stuff on their bodies? The stuff I am trying to describe looks like if you took a pencil and colored a solid square on a piece of paper, like silver graphite. Like this:
Attached Images

Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:58 AM   #3 
Creat

I will be honest I dont know... One of them was a black copper colored fish so i didnt notice it and the yellow other one died right before I returned... I never saw that ones body...
The healthy ones dont look like they have that
Old 07-30-2011, 02:12 AM   #4 
Pitluvs

Not to scare you, but I think Venom had that ^^ or he had a chemical burn from a crappy bottle of conditioner. He had no fins in a matter of hours though. Sorry your fish keep passing.. but keep going over everything, check everything. Something will pop out at you and I hope you catch this in time.

Rest Peacefully Creat's Babies :(
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:13 AM   #5 
bettaloverforever16

Hmmmmmm, Are they're backs lookign deformed? It might be TB, cause that kills off fish in great numbers. But that is VERY rare, and I doubt that's the case.
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:53 AM   #6 
Sakura8

Okay, Creat, what I was mainly worried about was fur coat syndrome that kills within 30 hrs and is highly contagious but it doesn't sound like they have that (phew!). The disease's trademark is that black "fur" that covers their body in a matter of hours. I assume you checked all the water params 'cause you're a responsible fishkeeper so . . . Uhm, did your boys also not have dechlorinator while you were away, like your little dropsy girl?
Old 07-31-2011, 01:07 AM   #7 
Creat

Ha ha yes I didnt forget them all the params are holding right and they all get 2 water changes a week with stress coat and aq salt also...
except now I have moved all my healthy boys into a divided tank :) and they are getting excellent care now hopefully I can keep whatever it is at bay
Update: Zimmerman showed no new symptoms he is till lethargic and clamps his fins but his color is coming back. Huckleberry however has stopped eating and is hiding under the heater all day.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:19 AM   #8 
Sakura8

Without knowing what's causing this I hate to suggest you start treating with a medication. :( The salt treatment seems to be helping Zim but I don't know what's up with Huckleberry. If Zim is still eating, I'd suggest soaking his food in garlic juice so he has that extra oomph to fight off whatever has. Have you PMed DarkMoon17? That would probably be the best course of action. I wish I could help you but since I can't, I'll be sure to send lots of fishy prayers and wishes for recovery your way. Hang in there, Creat. *hugs*
Old 07-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #9 
bettaloverforever16

Hope they get better!
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote