Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #1 
Indyfishy

Talking He's SO tiny!!!!

Sully has settled in sooo nicely, and I thought I'd upload a few new photos of him =D He's sooo little, and his orange has brightened up so much!

Sully vs. a pencil, just to show how small he is =)

This pic shows how his colors look in real life, the first photo was with flash.
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #2 
inkrealm

ohmyspazz, how old is he? he's ADORABLE haha :D :D
and his colors are gorgeous ^-^ he looks pretty happy :D
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #3 
Indyfishy

Haha thank you!! =D I think he's about 4 months old, although I can't be for sure as he came from petsmart. He's so active, I had alot more photos but most of them came out as little orange blurs on the screen XD
Old 07-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #4 
inkrealm

X3 I guess he can afford to be active at that size :3
I don't think I've ever seen one that small at our stores x3; you'd have never guessed from how healthy he looks :D
lucky boy though, I bet he's excited to have a new tank to play in :3 thanks for sharing :D
I totally get the photo thing, x3; my camera's rotten on focusing, and he never holds still x3
I finally just gave up and settled for videos :'3
Old 07-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #5 
Indyfishy

He was about the tiniest one there!!! Poor little guy looked so pitiful in the store, he was all pale and a bit skinny =( I was actually nervous about bringing a betta home that's that small, but he's been very easy to care for so far =D I just got a new camera (thank goodness cuz my old one was terrible lol!) and it takes pretty good pictures of fish, but he's just so fast it just can't keep up XD
Old 07-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #6 
inkrealm

awww, I'm glad you did, I don't wanna think what might've happened to such a little guy if he hadn't been taken D: I thought they overfed the bettas at the store because of the way they tell you to feed them, but now that I think about it makes sense that they'd want you to overfeed them while they'd wanna underfeed them D:
he sounds like he's got a really cool personality so far :D
and yur, I guess at that size he could almost swim like the females, I heard they're REALLY fast x3;
Old 07-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #7 
Indyfishy

I'm glad I took him too, he's been absolutely joy =) I always thought they overfed them too, although my petsmart has some pretty knowledgable people betta-wise. I think they may have been trying to feed him pellets that were too big for him. Or just having being surrounded by so many males much bigger than himself may have stressed him so much that he didn't eat to well there. But he has had a great appetite since he's been home with me, he hasn't refused food once! I've never seen a female swim, the ones at the stores are always sulky =( I'm thinking about getting one as my next betta, but we'll see what happens haha. I always manage to fall in love with one that's completely different from what I was looking for XD
Old 07-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #8 
inkrealm

^-^ I'm so happy for you :D
we have this one man I ran into once, I didn't recognize him so I'm not sure if he was new or just part time or what >^< but he new a TON. and that was really nice. ^-^ most of them don't know anything though >^< even the ones with good intentions, I must admit ;-; I appreciate their intentions, but I'd never take their advice without majorly checking it here >.<;
if you guys have some good workers there I bet you're right ^-^; especially on the intimidation part, I could totally see that D:
that's good! :D
I never have either :( I'd like to take care of one when I'm somewhere where I can keep more :D
and I've heard funny stories haha ^-^
I totally get what you mean :3
I had all these colors that were absolutely gorgeous in mind, but I got my boy instead because I liked the way he interacted with me, and he's either going to be really pretty blue, or blue and red, which is a color combo I've always hated on anything. >W<
I don't mind it much on bettas :D my mom still teases me about it though x3;
I still love him no matter what, they're so impossible to dislike even when they give you hell :3 <3