Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #1 
Sarahlydear

Convincing my step-dad

So my step-dad is a BIG fish person.
We have a 75gal and a 55gal tank in our house, he keeps it limited but he loves fish.

Well he was the kinda guy that had a betta fish:
In a small vase.
With no heater.
No filter.
No plants.
No toys.
And surprise surprise he thinks bettas are boring, pretty, but un-fun fish. :P

I still decided I was going to get one.

SOOOO happy I did! :) My fish are twice as fun (and interactive) as his are.

He still refuses to admit it.

So I have moved Kale onto the dining room table right in front of where he works. :)
I'm wondering how long it's going to take for him to crack.

Anyone else had to do this?
Sarahlydear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #2 
fishman12

Lol no. Haha then you and your dad can be betta buddies.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #3 
copperarabian

what types of fish does he have :D
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #4 
caitic10

My dad is a goldfish person not a betta person. :( He has nothing to do with my bettas. The bloodworms gross him out. Odd how a fully grown man can pick up a HUGE spider, but not a tiny freeze dried bloodworm.
caitic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #5 
Luimeril

my mom didn't think bettas were anything more than decorative fish, and thought my first female, Lulu, was a boring, dull fish(she's a black Plakat with red and blue on her fins). but, i had Lulu in the living room, where my mom walked by every day, and she grew pretty fond of Lulu. now, she has her own fish, and is gonna move him into the 10 gallon King Steve lives in(King Steve is getting a different tank, in my niece's room. x:)!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:32 AM   #6 
YoshesMom

my mom wasnt super into them either but im 26 so I didnt have to ask i rescued about 4 at once and after I rehabed them all I was getting ready to rehome them and my mom asked which ones were getting new homes..well when I told her she would have none of it...NOOO THAT ONE HAS A NEW HOME IN MY ROOM! nooo that one cant go I love him...so safe to say shes hooked and now was six of her own she "rehomed"
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:37 AM   #7 
ollief9

My Mum resents anything remotely to do with fish. She threatened to move out when me and Dad came home with the 50 gallon.

But then, Dad is a pond person. Not a tank person. He was more than happy to help with my pond, but he isn't really interested in my tanks.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #8 
TwilightNite

My mom and dad has set a LIMIT on how many I have, I have four Betta's now. sometimes I go to petco to REPLACE ONE fish that has died and I come out with two and my souvenirs form other states, are betta, fish and that is why I have a limit on them, but I have come close to making my parents take me out for one more my parents don't like the fact that I am a TOTAL addict when it comes to Betta fish.
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #9 
ANHEL123

I am in general very obsessed with all animals including bettas. My husband was tolerating my bettas. He was not happy,because each of them in 2.5 gall in the living room. Some on the main table and some on the bar table where we eat. So pretty much it a lot for the living room. I have them for about 4 years.
He loves them now. He feed them every morning. He loves them and he is not complaining any more. When we at work all day he used to turn off the air conditioner now he leaves it for the fish because our house can be 85*.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #10 
PhilipPhish

Thats kinda how my dad is....
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote