Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #1 
LittleBettaFish

Odd community/barracks ideas?

After discovering my 450 litre ‘would be barracks’ tank is better suited for my goldfish – it won’t fit on my stand – I’ve decided to purchase another three foot tank to house my males in.

Each betta will be housed in a six litre (1.5 gallon) mini aquarium, which is basically a floating breeder’s box. These will be fastened to the front and back of the tank with enough space in between that they won’t be constantly stressed.

All up, there will be 6 of these in a 180 litre tank. The tank is 90 x 45 x 45 in size, so it has a reasonable footprint. I intend to scape/plant the bottom level of the tank, but I’m still not sure what to put in there.

My plan would be to have a pair something as feature fish (thinking maybe either gouramis or killifish), as well as a medium-sized shoal of rasboras or other schooling fish (around 10-15). Basically I don’t want to overload the filter, but still have enough activity that the tank doesn’t look boring.

Anyone have an ideas on what else might look good in there? I don’t find livebearers at all appealing, and would prefer fish that don’t mind soft water and a lower pH.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote