Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #11 
Meg8556

I'm so sorry your baby girl is sick! When Elmo was bloated I tried feeding him the pea but daphnia works better I guess. Maybe you can find some frozen at the pet store or dried in the critter section. It's supposed to really help. I think you're doing everything you can for the moment. I was advised to give Elmo either General Cure or the Macryn 2 because he could have a bacterial infection. It turns out it was dropsy even though his scales were fine until the last day when he passed. I don't know the repercussions of giving a fish antibiotics if they don't need them but if she has te daphnia tomorrow and isn't better by Thursday then I would give it a shot. Just my 2 cents.

I hope she gets better.
Meg8556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #12 
Sakura8

MikiMaki: That's okay, but finals week? Isn't it a little late for finals? What kind of school are you going to? Just curious, it seems so late in the year for any school to be in session.

I tried giving her brine shrimp to help her go but she refuses it. I'm really worried about her now. Thanks for the tip and thanks for replying.

Meg: Thanks for replying, your good wishes are most welcome. Brine shrimp helps with constipation but she won't eat. I do have some frozen daphnia, maybe she'll eat it because it is smaller than brine shrimp. Thank you for the tip.

Thank you both.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:44 AM   #13 
flowerslegacy

Hi Sakura - I'll give you my two cents, since I thought my little Ruby was eggy when I first purchased her. I was told that when you move a female next to a male, especially if the heat is up to 80 and she's eating high protein, she'll color and egg-up. I was told it only takes a week or so. If she's swimmy or hanging out with her tail up, then that is more of an indication. However, 1fish2fish is a breeder (which you probably already know!) and I'd send a PM. You can get a definite answer on the egging issue and then be able to move on from there. Nothing is worse than just not knowing!
flowerslegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 AM   #14 
bettaloverforever16

Gia just started acting like this ): She usually eats both her pellets, but today she ate one slowly, and turned down the over one. She also ha a floaty butt, and is staying at the top of her tank. I sure hope someone can help soon.
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #15 
Sakura8

Thanks flowerslegacy, that's a good idea, I'll do that. Bettalover, I hope Gia isn't too seriously ill. :(
Old 08-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #16 
bettaloverforever16

Thanks, I hope not too. First female, and I got her like two days ago. ): Hope yours gets better too (:
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:34 AM   #17 
Punki

I really REALLY really dont like this thread :( It sounds exactly like Coraline word for word. Lethargic, then clampy, butt float, "Is it eggyness, is it bloat?" all of it. By day 2 she was in 1tsp of epsom, day three 2tsp of epsom but then she started...seizuring? I have the video somewhere i posted during her battle. I truely hope and pray its not that for you two, its painful to see. :(
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:46 AM   #18 
Sakura8

I hope so too, Punki. Ugh, now she's passing another eggy thread. It never stops. I am never housing another female next to a male again, not even temporarily.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:49 AM   #19 
Punki

Electra is fine when housed next to oldman, she gets eggy but she also drops the eggs, Coraline didnt know oldman existed =/ But it does control the eggyness to be away. In the end though just feeding proper meals and having clean water can make a girl eggy so its hard to escape it. >.<
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:50 AM   #20 
Sakura8

Update pics. This latest one is odd, it's very thick and sticks out like a, well, stick, from her side.
Attached Images