Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2011, 03:54 AM   #21 
Punki

Ugh i still have a pic of Coralines poop on my computer, it was similar to that. I am not positive what happened with coraline, we were kindof guessing till she suddenly started having seizures but people did comment to say she looked eggy, though seeing electra eggy is WAY more obvious then Coraline. Maybe some girls can just make/drop/absorb eggs like its nothing at all while others struggle to some extent. Shes not clampy in the pics, is she acting better?
Punki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:56 AM   #22 
Sakura8

I've had my girls egg up, drop them and then eat them before. I'm not sure what happened with Zenny/Anju (Zenny and Anju are identical, I can't tell which is which so I have no idea who is sick!). I'm not sure if she is eggbound and is trying to pass the eggs, or she dropped the eggs and ate them and now can't pass them out of her system or if it's parasites even. I'm thawing some daphnia to see if she'll eat that in the morning. She refuses brine shrimp but she did nibble a few bloodworms for her evening meal.

Edit: Yes, she's not as clampy right now, she seems a little more active so that's a good sign. But she just keeps pooing!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:03 AM   #23 
Punki

Pooing is a good thing, i hope she manages to clear it all out, i guess shes one to keep the boys away from in the future :)
Old 08-03-2011, 04:10 AM   #24 
Sakura8

Yeah, I guess so. She got her hopes up too high, I think.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:13 AM   #25 
Punki

lol Coraline was STUBBORN and impatient at that, she attached herself to my finger countless times being to impatient for the food between my fingers to drop. They just dont know whats good for them :P
" I want to be a mom!"
"no youll get hurt and i dont have the space"
"well you better get it cause these eggs aint goin nowhere!"
silly girls :)
Old 08-03-2011, 04:17 AM   #26 
Sakura8

Oh how I wish I could give in to their "I wanna be a mom" demands. I have a spare 10g but the only place to put it is in the garage. Even though it's used as storage so there aren't any cars in there and the garage door is never open, I'm just not sure that would be the best environment for delicate fry.

I think I remember you saying you'd show off Coraline's little dangling trick to people. I remember I laughed pretty hard picturing it, too.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #27 
Punki

Yes, it was adorable :D Electra got impatient with me today, id gotten my fingers wet in her water then tried to feed her so pellets were stuck to my finger, so she jumped, but she doesnt have the skills xD
If you really want to breed them id say to research ofl method, but in the garage so you can remove the male if needed. I found it to be cheap and fun to set up. Especially if you gather your own plants and QT them then decorate, ah that was the best part xD
Anyways, i hope your girl is finishing up her poop-a-thon and tomorrow shes 100% better. Ill be looking for an update :)
Old 08-03-2011, 04:24 AM   #28 
Sakura8

Thanks, Punki. If I ever do breed my bettas, you're the first person I'll ask for advice.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:32 AM   #29 
Punki

lol Im a big OFL fan, when i have anything wrong im pming her and listening for a reply :)) So much experience to back her up. But if you ever breed ill be the first one subscribing and i can TRY to help with my newbie 1 spawn paranoid skills! :D
Old 08-03-2011, 04:35 AM   #30 
Sakura8

Yeah, OFL is pretty amazing. Well deserving of her super moderator title. And you've done so well with your first spawn, Punki. The nymphs was just a cruel trick of nature. *glares at picture of evil dragonfly nymph* But you have the biggest and strongest fry left so that's good. :)