Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2011, 05:38 PM   #1 
Nymmers

Red Marble Dragon Spawn

So I've decided to do my first spawn this weekend. I shall post pictures as often as possible, but my internet isn't working currently so it'll be probably every-other day.

Here's the couple:

I'll be moving the tank outside tonight, and stuffing it full of live plants. Then putting the pair together tomorrow afternoon. <3 Hopefully everything works out, and I've planned as much as I possibly can. I have back-up pairs ready to go if these two don't like each other. =3
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #2 
copperarabian

I remember that male, he is amazing!
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #3 
Nymmers

Sin has been leaving me bubble nests lately. I figured it was a hint to pick him. (I was having trouble deciding) And I absolutely love my girlie's personality, she doesn't have a name. Both of them seem very gentle. She's very shy, and he acts so gentle.

My tank is divided, so the boys flare at each other a lot, and do that little 'race back and fourth' thing while flaring. He just swims, doesn't flare unless its at his reflection. Such a personality. lol.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #4 
copperarabian

That's awesome :D I'm trying to spawn my HM Plakat Glorfindel, but he is vicious and on top of that doesn't know what to do :( The first time I tried spawning him with Seras,my Platinum red dragon, she was being awesome and was totally ready but I ended up taking her out because he was going to kill her.

I really hope they spawn for you, both of them are so gorgeous XD
Old 07-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #5 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymmers View Post
Sin has been leaving me bubble nests lately. I figured it was a hint to pick him. (I was having trouble deciding) And I absolutely love my girlie's personality, she doesn't have a name. Both of them seem very gentle. She's very shy, and he acts so gentle.

My tank is divided, so the boys flare at each other a lot, and do that little 'race back and fourth' thing while flaring. He just swims, doesn't flare unless its at his reflection. Such a personality. lol.

If your breeding tank is divided that is a huge problem. Also if your tank has decor or gravel, the breeding wont work because the pair will be distracted from spawning. Also, it wont work because the fry will go right through the divider.

Could you get a picture of the tank that the spawn is gonna be in?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #6 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
If your breeding tank is divided that is a huge problem. Also if your tank has decor or gravel, the breeding wont work because the pair will be distracted from spawning. Also, it wont work because the fry will go right through the divider.

Could you get a picture of the tank that the spawn is gonna be in?
I think she was just giving an example of how docile her male is.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:56 PM   #7 
smellsfishie

ooh. I have to see these babies. WOWZAz
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:27 AM   #8 
copperarabian

Did you buy your male from smilebetta? he has a betta posted that totally looks like a brother to your male XD

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1312182478
Old 07-31-2011, 12:44 AM   #9 
bettalover2033

Oreo betta! I really like Oreo bettas, they are so unique and all so pretty.

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #10 
Nymmers

Oh I was talking about his personality in his regular tank, not the spawn tank. lol

My spawning tank is a barebottom 30G with tons of live plants, java moss, baby tears, etc. I'll post some pictures of the tank, wrapping and eggs. =D

And yep I got him from Smilebetta.

Everything went swimmingly. They courted, danced, not a SINGLE tear in either fin. And she actually did all the work picking up the eggs and putting them in the nest, he just made bubbles when they weren't wrapping.

After they were finished, I left her in there, because she still looked a little eggy. But no more wrapping occured, but he let her stick around the nest, and only chased her away once. It was adorable they were being parents, but I took her out, and last night it looked like he got some good need zzz's.

I do have one question. When the live plants, and them being outside. How long will they eat infurosia before I need to introduce live/other foods?