Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #1 
NCPanthersgurl

Baby rescue! :) Meet Mystique.

SO. Boyfriend and I went to Petco today so I could get plants for my breeder tank. And lo and behold two very young looking female CTs. Well he saw how I looked at them and {after having earlier been pretty umm...bad boyfriendish...} picked up a tank and said I should get one of them. I picked the one that looked younger. Thank heavens I have baby fishy foods; BBS and Daphnia and all sorts of good stuff. She's not super young, probably 4-5 months I'm thinking. But anyway here she is. We decided to name her Mystique, because just like Mystique in Xmen we can't really be sure what she'll look like tomorrow. :P {Pics are her in her cup, just got her tank set up and I'm giving everything time to get working and her acclimated to it. She's so tiny!}
Attached Images

NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #2 
TinaMaxis

Aw, she's so pretty! And very tiny, I can't wait to see how she'll end up looking.

Also, I love X-Men, and my female Betta(in my avatar) is named Mystique!
TinaMaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #3 
NCPanthersgurl

All my pets have some kind of geeky name so she fits right in >.< It's only if my boyfriend names them that they're normalish. {his betta's name is Riot for instance} I have Jazz {transformers reference}, Callisto {Xena reference}, Alma {F.E.A.R. reference}, and now Mystique. >.<

She's so itty bitty..she has a tad of a blue green shimmer to her fins, so I'm really eager to see how she colors up.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #4 
TinaMaxis

Oh cool, I like those names. Callisto is also a name of a character from X-Men.

She's so cute and small, so she could turn out to be any color. I wonder how long until she'll reach a permanent color(or do Betta's change all the time?). What colors are the Betta's you already have?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #5 
NCPanthersgurl

Oh wow didn't even think about Xmen Callisto. *facepalm*

Some Betta's change all the time, some are more permanent. In my experience most will have color variations, but only some will have drastic changes.

Let's see...Jazz is pinky colored, he's the veiltail in my av. His fins are a bit reddish, with a little bit of red spotting that says he's maybe dalmatian. Not sure, I got him from WalMart. >.<
Callisto is a blue green halfmoon double tail. His fins have white edging and he has little black polka dots.
Alma is a veiltail, she's purple with little black polka dots on her fins.
Riot is my boyfriends veiltail, he's red and purple and all sorts of random colors.

How many do you have? :)
Old 07-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #6 
fleetfish

What a cutiepie! I love itty bitty crowntail girls ... I have my little Marilyn, she's a steel blue/yellow bicolor.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #7 
TinaMaxis

Aw, they sounds cool! I've only got one female veiltail that's mostly blue and has some red on her fins, but she looks kinda greenish sometimes. It'd be pretty cool to have a dalmatian, though.

Post pics of when Mystique gets some color. :)
Old 07-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #8 
NCPanthersgurl

Fleet; I would have been veryyy sad if I didn't at least grab one of the two babies. I'm not a huge crowntail person but she just has the cutest face... >.<

Tina; I most definitely will. I'm so excited to see what she gets; being a pet store find I don't know anything about her lineage so I have NO idea what she'll become. It's so exciting. >.< And you're just getting started! But the plus to having a female is you can have a sorority... which is where Alma and Mystique may end up. I'm playing with the idea of it, so I can have more females but they'll all be in one tank. {Mystique is in a ten gallon all by herself right now :P } We'll see once Mystique gets a bit older methinks. :)
Old 07-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #9 
Sweeda88

SO CUUUTE! I love her! =D
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #10 
TinaMaxis

Aw cool, a sorority would be great, I'm thinking about starting one too because my Mystique is also in a ten gallon alone. :)

I can't get over how sweet Mystique looks with her little body and big fishy eyes!