Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #1 
Lion Mom

Has anyone ever actually had a long-

finned betta jump? Personally, I never have.

I had a pk jump once and a female jump once, but that has been it all these years.

Just wondering.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #2 
Pitluvs

Ben and Hughie jump from their water to catch food, if that's what you mean? LOL But only for food, nothing else. They are VT's.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #3 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Ben and Hughie jump from their water to catch food, if that's what you mean? LOL But only for food, nothing else. They are VT's.
No - I mean actually jump out of their tank/bowl. It is so often stressed that bettas NEED to be covered, but I have 6 uncovered bowls with long fin bettas in them and, like I said, over the years I have NEVER had a long finned betta jump out of it's home.

Of course, I DO keep the water level a few inches below the top.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #4 
Pitluvs

Oh! Well, no here! But my young neighbor a few years ago, I bought her a Betta and gave her my old tank (Gary was his name). Anyways she told me one day that he was missing, I went looking around her bed for him and found him behind her headboard (his tank was on it). He did jump. He was a VT, but gosh knows if VT's today are different. This was 2005.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #5 
Indyfishy

I recently saw a post in the emergency and disease part of the forum where a veiltail made a break for it (poor thing didn't survive), but it does seem like plakats are particularly inclined to "take the leap of faith" lol. I want a plakat, but I'm a little nervous about getting one.... I'm pretty sure I would die of a heart attack if one of my fish ever jumped out onto the floor!
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #6 
FireKidomaru

I had an old fish kidomaru (r.I.p) jump from his holding cup...he was a vt..I also had demyx my vt do it as well
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #7 
trilobite

My red vt once jumped into his neighbours tank to beat her up. So the next day I went out to buy some lids. When I came home I found him lying on the floor...dead.
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #8 
1fish2fish

I've had several HMs jump and a couple VT. It seems to be especially true of the fish I've gotten from MartinisMommy.. her kids are SPUNKY!

I've never had them actually jump out of their regular tanks though, usually holding cups, nets, etc.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #9 
YoshesMom

my girls have jumped so often we dont take there lid off anymore and ive had a couple jump out of cups
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:56 AM   #10 
spriken

Had a white one named sesshoumaru,That jumped whenever I put him in the little bowl for tank cleaning.The first time he did it I ran out of something and went to the store. When I came back I found a very dry but still breathing fish.
After that I'd put a book over him but I'd sometimes here the tiny thump of him hitting the book.Poor guy must of been having flashbacks of petco.
spriken is offline   Reply With Quote