Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #11 
Bettabites94

Draco is doing much better he's been begging for food although he won't eat pellets and only bloodworms =_=. rosco is still hiding in his man cave so I haven't been able to check his eating yet. I also I woke up to find my tank is all cloudy 0_0 idk why
Bettabites94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #12 
Sakura8

I'm glad Draco is eating again, that's always a good sign. If you want to try and get him to eat pellets, you can either soak the pellets in garlic juice or in the juice from thawed frozen bloodworms. That might encourage him to try the pellets. Hehe, I hate it when they decide to be picky. Hopefully Rosco will also eat soon. If he doesn't show some activity, you may want to scare him out of his mancave just so you can get a good look at him and make sure he hasn't gotten worse.

Your tank may be cloudy because the filter was off while you were doing the medicine; sometimes turning it back on stirs up gunk in the water and it might take a while or a water change to clear it up. It could also be the medicine as it's being filtered out. Either way, if it really concerns you, you can do a small water change and see if that helps.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #13 
Bettabites94

I did and now he's wedged himself between the the branches of the plant i have on his side :/
Old 08-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #14 
Sakura8

Silly Rosco. Does he look like he's breathing heavy or bloated? Maybe he's just being a brat. Will he eat?
Old 08-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #15 
Bettabites94

oh and here are images of what the boys look like :) not sure if they look funny

rosco (temporary in a tiny cup bc of water changes)

and draco
Old 08-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #16 
Sakura8

They're really handsome bettas. I love Rosco's coloring. I hope he perks up and will eat soon.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:26 AM   #17 
Bettabites94

hes taking food and spitting it out now so thats def progress :D
Old 08-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #18 
Sakura8

That is progress. Keep trying. If he doesn't eat the food in about 10 minutes, remove it so it doesn't gunk up the water. If he's not sick but just adjusting to life or sulking, he'll eat when he's hungry.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #19 
Bettabites94

he ate one pellet today! :D im trying to get him to eat a little more but he keep...... HE ATE ANOTHER PELLET! make that two! lol hes very hesitant eating though. :/ he like eyes it and circles it and then 5 min later will finally take a jab at. as for draco.... he started a bubble nest hes actively swimming everywhere O_O up down all around. i was so suprised coming back from work to see it!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #20 
Sakura8

Yay! I'm so glad Rosco is eating! I was a little worried the way he was hiding in his cave. And Draco sounds like a different betta altogether. That's awesome, I'm really happy for you. I think they're going to be okay.

Tags
new bettas, not eating, rubbing, sick