Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2011, 08:22 PM   #11 
Pucky21811

I have to agree he does look much happier!

I knew I forgot to mention something Silverfang thank you! I found some betta food from my sister's betta that passed a month ago. So now along with his pellets, that are only 38% protein, I found the Betta ColorBright Fish Flakes, which has 46% protein. So that made my day too! It's amazing what you could find in a house when you really need it!

Thank you so much, and as Puck swims towards me and waves/swims, he's thanking you too!!!
Pucky21811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #12 
Pucky21811

Okay, I've been doing 100% daily water changes and he has been perkier. Still no vehicle available, but the woman who is going to watch my pets while I'm gone next week has a betta and let me borrow an unopened container of Bettafix... I looked some stuff up on other blogs, and for the most part I see it either does nothing or kills the fish...The instructions are messed up on the bottle: Add a certain amount for 7 days and THEN do a water change. I was thinking of just adding a small dose every day after a water change. What should I do??? Should I not use it? Is it not worth it or worth a shot? I would hate for this thing to kill him!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #13 
Silverfang

I'm not sure about bettafix, I've never used any medications (unless you count AQ salt). Does it have tea tree oil in it? IF so don't use it, that can harm their labyrinth organ, it's what they use to breath with.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #14 
Pucky21811

Bettafix: A danger or asset?

It only says the active ingredient is Melaleuca... I see other treatments being offered and no mention of bettafix here... I'm just not sure because I may not be able to treat him until I come back in a week and a half. Will it hurt or benefit him more to treat him? Or should I just keep up with the water changes until I get medicine I see being suggested here?

Last edited by Pucky21811; 08-02-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #15 
Silverfang

I really can't answer that, personally I'd want to avoid medications, especially if you said he's looking perkier. Just keep up the water changes, oh, maybe on the medications sticky
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fin rot, newbie, sick