Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2011, 03:38 AM   #31 
Sakura8

Yeah, I'd be suspicious too if their readings were that off. Hmm. I guess he is just stressed by the storm or something. Unless he loses his appetite or gets lethargic I guess I would just watch him carefully. Hopefully he's just being a brat or somethingl like that. Bettas are good at being brats, haha.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #32 
Kiiarah

Well I am about to head out to the next town to get the nitrite kit. Maybe I will pick up some little corys while I am there! It occurred to me we even have a 10 gallon for QT, so it should work out nicely. :)
Kiiarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #33 
Sakura8

Haha, keep me posted! And pics if you do get cories. :)
Old 08-02-2011, 03:22 AM   #34 
Kiiarah

Well I got somebody, but he isn't a cory. I am sooooo bad at walking away from beautiful fish. Long story short, I have a new half moon betta. He is just stunning. I just hope he will be healthy, the poor little guy had an hour long ride home and is getting drip acclimated now. Fins crossed that he pulls through it all ok.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:25 AM   #35 
Sakura8

Haha, somehow I knew you couldn't walk away empty-handed. He sounds gorgeous, I can't wait until he settles in so you can take pics. How does he seem? Is he breathing heavily or lethargic or showing any other signs of stress?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:34 AM   #36 
Kiiarah

He is definitely a bit stressed. When anyone gets near his cup he swims pretty frantically but he isn't clamped or bottom-sitting. He seems curious about the new tank but easily startled. Right now his cup is sitting right next to the tank while we add bits of tank water to get his Ph adjusted. He seems more cautious than anything, but not gasping or anything like that. I will probably put a cloth over his tank for tonight so that he can rest. :)
Old 08-02-2011, 03:40 AM   #37 
Kiiarah

Oh also Claude seems much calmer today. His fins aren't nearly as pinched as yesterday. Not quite normal but much better.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:46 AM   #38 
Sakura8

Sounds like the new guy made the trip okay, then. I was worried he was majorly stressing out but I think he should be okay. And when I first got my doubletail Riceball, he would freak out and literally try and jump out of the water to get away from me so it's normal for your HM to be a little spazzy. Once he learns to associate you with food, he'll be your best friend.

I'm so glad Claude is doing better. Maybe he really didn't like seeing the black moors, who knows? Maybe he just likes messing with your mind. Some bettas do seem to enjoy doing that as a hobby, mine included.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:55 AM   #39 
Kiiarah

I know it didn't take Claude long to calm down, so yeah the new guy should do fine. :) Claude is such a spazz. We had to move the tank so that we could fit a second 10g beside his (solid divider between to block the view of course) and I got a new little tiny siphon tonight, it is cute and betta sized. First thing Claude did when he noticed the gravel inside the tube getting knocked around was swim up and watch it. He kept tilting his head up and down and side to side and looked about as fascinated as I have ever seen. He was cracking me up, of course he stopped the minute I pulled out the camera. lol
Old 08-02-2011, 03:58 AM   #40 
Sakura8

Oh, of course, they always know when the camera is on them, the silly things. I bet he looked so cute, though! "Hmm, what is this new thing in my tank? I shall investigate thoroughly." The girls in my sorority like to bite at the siphon because they think all the guck I'm sucking up is edible. They'll attack the plastic, it's funny.

Tags
betta, clamping, flaring, strange behavior