Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #1 
LolaQuigs

Calliope

This weekend I lost Calliope. She was the spunkiest, liveliest betta I've ever known. She was always happy to see people and to dance in hopes of food. She survived ich and swim bladder disorder, but a while ago she showed signs of SBD again, and she never recovered. I considered putting her down but she had the occasional good day that gave me too much hope. Friday I went out of town to visit relatives, even though she was looking very bad, and left all of my fish in my dad's care. When I came home today she was dead. The house was very warm and her tank temperature was nearly 90*. I don't know if it was so hot because the house temperature was significantly hotter than when I set her heater, or if I had accidentally bumped the thermostat of her heater when I changed her water before I left Friday morning. I don't know if she died because of the temperature or her illness, probably a combination of both. I just feel sick for leaving her when she was so ill, and I can't help but feel like she would still be alive if I hadn't gone out of town (I would have noticed that her tank temperature was rising). But part of me knows that she was not going to recover from this bout of SBD, and is relieved to know that her suffering is finally over. I already miss her so much.

RIP Calliope

LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:55 PM   #2 
pinksnowme

Sorry you lost your best friend...
pinksnowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #3 
CrazyCatLady

:(
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote