Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #11 
Creat

Almost all of my males have always had a line of sight to the other males before I used to keep them in acrylic pet keepers so they have gotten used to seeing each other, once and a while they do flare but its not often. So I'm not worried about stress. However I am planning on making some black acrylic dividers just using black acrylic plastic instead of clear that way if I ever feel one of my boys is to stressed out I can just block them off from the group.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #12 
bahamut285

Okay thanks so much, Creat! How long does it take for them to get used to each other? I remember when I *briefly* had HongBo and Lelouch in a divided tank, Lelouch looked like he was going to kill himself or something, he kept ramming into his decorations X_X. Since I've got a male coming, he's going to have a neighbour again, so I don't want him to *ACTUALLY* kill himself :(
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #13 
Creat

My males honestly take about a month or so to get used to other males and flare occasionally after that.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #14 
Creat

I figured out how they kept jumping the divider... its just two boys and they will cross any distance to get in the same segment I keep waking up in the morning and their they are just chillin :/ Each one of them has their own way Poe will jump over the top so I covered it so Splatter decided that he needed to go visit and will slide under the bottom corners which I sanded off round so today I fixed that... No more visiting each other boys! It gives me a heart attack each time.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #15 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
My males honestly take about a month or so to get used to other males and flare occasionally after that.
Gah I'll see if my heart will hold out for that long, XD

Thanks again :D
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #16 
smellsfishie

question.............. I got some acrylic and wanted to do something similar for a 30 long but am not a handman (i'm a woman, for one) soooooo like... What kind of drill do you need? Like you buy a drill for $100 something and then on top of that a drill bit? If so I think I will stick to the plastic craft mesh divider idea........ but love the look of yours.
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:16 AM   #17 
Creat

I have a drill or you can borrow one probably lol but the key to the nice clean holes is to buy a drill bit made specifically for plastic spraying the bit and hole with water while drilling keeps the holes. I clamped all the sheets down together and drilled on top of wood... I also bought one large piece of plastic that I cut into the sheets with a table saw however any hand saw will do.
I always wanted to try the mesh method I might for a smaller tank I just like the way the water movement flows with the drilled holes. And also I am very much a woman lol I am a handy woman!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #18 
smellsfishie

Haha :) I like to do "handyman" type stuff like putting things together etc... but this drilling acrylic is somehow scary for me. I don't have the $ to put into a drill soooo plastic sheets it is! Love the look of yours though. Very nice. :)
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #19 
Creat

Ha ha sure for me the only thing I had to buy was the plastic sheet and the drill bit which was like 8$ lol I want to see yours though lol there are so many different ways to make a divider
Old 09-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #20 
SwayLocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
I am using the plastic feet used for drawers and doors I am testing them also to see if they hold up in the water so far so good. And I believe you can see the filter but I will try to get a good photo of the filter soon. The filter is a basic external wisper filter made for 30 gallons that I am running with carbon and huge wad of filter floss. The pump is one I picked up in the broken bin at my local petco it was missing the intake cover so I picked up a extension pipe that fit (the white thing) and put screen over it that I had laying around. The filter pump and heater are all in their own segment of the tank to make it easier and I didnt want an external slump. And the pump moves the water from the filter to the other end of the tank where it is forced through the dividers by the pumps intake.
I hope this helps until I get more photo's !
hey man nice setup im going to make one just like this only with black acrylic. i just dont understand what rubber feet your talking about? i have lots of drawers and doors with no plastic feet. let me know please. any links to where i can get some would be appreciated :)
SwayLocks is offline   Reply With Quote