Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2011, 05:27 PM   #1 
MrNighttime

In Memorium...the nameless ones

Today as myself and my girlfriend went to buy some new girls for our sorority tank, we went to Petco and shopped around. I found 6 dead females and one male. I would remove them from the display and place them by the store sink and did so until finally a employee came over to see what I was doing. I was told staff take care of that aspect of the job...I replied someone should have cared for them sooner. She was unmoved by the growth on the little bodies...wrapping them in blankets of fuzz and mold.

So as we drove home with our girls, eager to place them with Liberty, Red, and Ladyfish...we thought about names. Ane then I, a not totally sentimental person at all...thought how sad it is that creatures as beautiful as bettas would spend there last moments in a small cup and swimming in their own filth in dirty water. Creatures that to me are as unique as snowflakes left to moulder in the dank and then disposed of in a uncaring, thoughtless way to make room for the next batch of fish who must face long odds of getting decent care and a name.

So, heres to the Nameless...the ones who deserved better and probably dazzled the passersby and browsers but just never made it to a warm tank, a secure place sleep, and the care of a owner who will love it till it slips away to find a new home under the Rainbow Bridge.
MrNighttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:40 PM   #2 
Pitluvs

Beautiful :( I know a few nameless babies who never got to know what love is. I wish I could have them all back, if even for a day to show them that someone out there loves them :( Rest Peacefully Babies.

PS: This is why I name mine as soon as I swipe my card, just in case. My fish always have a name before they come home.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:45 PM   #3 
CrazyCatLady

Great tribute!
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #4 
LolaQuigs

What a wonderful tribute to all of the poor fish who lived and died without someone to appreciate and care for them.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #5 
Jirothebetta

Awesome tribute *big thumbs up*
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote