Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #1 
dsgems

My Betta is injured Help!

Somehow my Beautiful Betta got caught in the filter. Did he jump? Or could he have been pulled in? He looks and acts better tonite than he did when I found at 1:00pm. He has damage to the side of his face just behind his eye. Also one fin seems bent, it is under him I believe it is a pectorial fin. I don't know what to do. He is eating and swimming around. II have a baffle on the small filter that came with my Aqueon 2.50 aquarium. Did that cause the problem? Please help
dsgems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and sorry your Betta got hurt....

Can you post a pic.....

How is he doing now.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #3 
dsgems

He is doing better. He is eating good. His scrapes on one side of his head look better. I read all the forums about treating injuries. I changed his water and used Nutrifin conditioner in the new water. I am still worried about his eye on the other side, it looks a little puffed out. I don't know how he got onto the filter top. Jumped or sucked in? I put a nylon over the filter so he can't do it again. I hope that is ok. Thanks for asking.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #4 
dsgems

I don't know how to post a picture.

I don't know how to post a pic. I enjoy everyones pics I do need to learn how! I'll ask my kids to teach me. I am not too good on the computer either, but I keep trying.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:53 AM   #5 
Sakura8

To post a pic on the forum, click on Go Advanced underneath the message box. Then click on the little paper clip up at the top of the message box. This will open up a new window. Click on Choose File, find your file and click on it, then click on Upload. Repeat until you've uploaded all your pics, then close the window. After that, just click on Submit Reply.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #6 
Oldfishlady

Good to hear he is getting better...keep the water clean and give him some time...if the area start to look worse or he has behavior changes he may need a treatment...but right now clean/dechlorinated water from frequent water changes may be the best action at this point.....

Good that you covered the filter to prevent him from doing it again....

Keep us posted....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:06 AM   #7 
dsgems

I became worried that the nylon wasn't healthy for him. The water didn't seem clear after I put it on. I removed it and adjusted my baffle. Soon the water cleared and I think there is less chance for him to get caught again. What should I have on hand if he does need treatment?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:17 AM   #8 
dsgems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
To post a pic on the forum, click on Go Advanced underneath the message box. Then click on the little paper clip up at the top of the message box. This will open up a new window. Click on Choose File, find your file and click on it, then click on Upload. Repeat until you've uploaded all your pics, then close the window. After that, just click on Submit Reply.
Thank you Sakura.
I now need to find my camera book on how to put the pics on the computer. I am glad to know posting them won't be hard. I am new to computers as well as to bettas. Thanks to everyone's help, I am loving this!

"Live, Love and Learn"
Old 07-31-2011, 12:39 AM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry about your fish's encounter with the filter. I hope he's doing better.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #10 
dsgems

Kessler

Here is a pic, not very good.
Attached Images