Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #1 
Comet1993

Smile Hello, Everyone! =]

I just bought a new betta last night. =) He's my second betta; sadly, my first betta, Comet, died. :'( This one is black and blue, and I noticed a little red on him today. His name is Turbo, and he kind of looks like a blue fish who stuck his head in a tailpipe. So, his head is black, and it fades out to blue. He's so adorable! He's in a ten-gallon tank with some artificial plants, a submersible heater, a filter, some small gravel, and two thermometers (One is on the outside of the tank, and one is on the inside, attached by a suction cup! I read here that the outside ones weren't as accurate, so I went out and bought the other one.), and I'll be adding a bubble wand. He's a lot more active than my other fish was. He's been moving around non-stop! He was still swimming around at around one in the morning, but he was resting when I woke up at around nine. Now, he's swimming around again. Lol. I fed him a little last night, and he ate a bit. And he had a tiny breakfast today. He spat some of it out, and ate the smaller pieces, so that must be normal.. :/ I tried to get some good pictures of him, but he moves too much and too quickly. I was concerned about the filter in the tank, because of the current and everything. So, I just turn it on when I can supervise him, just to be sure it doesn't hurt him. I have been looking through the posts, and you all have such beautiful fish!!! =D By the way, my name is Cynthia, and it's nice to meet you all!
Comet1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Look forward to pic....and boy they can be a challenge to get a good shot of a moving target...I still have trouble......lol......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #3 
MMAsac
Banned

welcome Cynthia, I just joined as well. I bought 4 though, but am not new to fish just new to bettas. Good luck on getting a good photo, I'm trying to get some good photos aswell.
MMAsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #4 
Comet1993

Thank you! =] I took about five pictures of him, but all I could get were pictures of his fins as he swam away. I'm about to add the bubble wand, which makes me very nervous. I'm so paranoid about my fish, but I'm pretty sure the bubble wand is safe for him. =] I read another thread on here where a betta had bubbles in his tank and loved them.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #5 
Comet1993

Turbo is still swimming around a lot. I've caught his resting a few times. When I first got him, I noticed what (I guess..) would be called a "stress stripe"? That is completely gone now. =] He looks at me when I'm talking to him, and I've noticed more color on him. His fins have a little red on them, especially the ones closest to the front. I believe, he'd be deemed a "royal blue" betta, but I'm not completely sure due to the red. In addition to that, I think he's a round tail. His caudal fin (I'm pretty sure that's the correct terminology.) makes a cute little round-ish shape when he flares. He's began flaring...A LOT. He flares at his reflection on the glass. He flares at bubbles. He flares at the plants. He even swims around and stops to flare. Right now he's exploring his plants some more. He's swimming through them and flaring at them. He seems very happy. I've come up with a solution for the filter issue. I think I could move the bubble wand to the back so that the stream of bubbles will block access to the filter. He's incredibly active! I'm still trying to get some pictures of him. So far, I have a picture of him sticking his little black head out from behind a plant that he likes to hide behind, and one of him at the top with his reflection. I'd like to get one that's a little more close-up that shows his coloring better. =) He shows off and swims around...until I get my phone out. Then, he hides and swims in the back. I think he's teasing me. Lol.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #6 
TwilightNite

HAHAHA! You know he is probably playing with you! He sounds SUPER sweet, I can't wait to see a pic or two!
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #7 
Comet1993

I got a somewhat decent picture of him. =] I'll post it soon.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #8 
Comet1993

Talking Pictures of Turbo!!

This is the first decent-ish picture that I took of Turbo. =] He's poking his head out from behind one of his plants; it looks sideways, because of the angle of my phone.
This is the second decent-ish picture that I took of Turbo. He's actually at the top of his tank, and you can see his reflection. Once again, it looks like the side, because of the angle of my phone.

I took this picture today. He's watching a bubble in the airline tubing. He followed it for a while and flared at it. Once again, it's sideways. You can see a lot more of his coloring in this one, although you still can't really see any of the red.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #9 
Comet1993

Lightbulb Retry!

=/ I just posted some pictures of Turbo.. But they came up as little X's in boxes. So... I'm going to try the Attachment thing.
Okay. So, the attachments are below with the pictures of Turbo. =] And They are numbered from one to three, so you can tell which picture is which! Hopefully, this will work!
Attached Images