Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #1 
person

breeding. Where to start?

I am consittering breeding my beta fish for the first time. where should i start? do i need any special equiptment? or special food? how do i prevent my fish from hurting eachother? What steps need to be taken to ensure i do this safely? and will the babies fight eachother if left in the same tank? where can you fin good homes for the ones you cant keep? any kind of special tank or filter?
person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #2 
mernincrazy8525

did you do any research? that is where you should start and that is what will answer all your questions.
mernincrazy8525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #3 
PitGurl

Didn't you start another thread saying you weren't ready for fry? Breeding takes alot of research, time and money, it's not something you should attempt on a whim. There is a sticky in this section about breeding you need to read before you consider spawning your fish.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #4 
mernincrazy8525

nicely put pitgurl!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #5 
person

of course i would never just try it on a whym. i just want to know more about it. it seems interesting and i just like to imagine what my shiny pink and purple male and my green royal blue and black females babies would look like. their both so beutifull. maby ill try it in the feuture when im more prepared and can find good homes for all of them. i would like to read up on it tho. all i wanted was some information to get started on because all the websites ive found have just bin advratizements for you to buy so stupid book with "the majical trick to sucessfull breeding" and any links to sites with some good information would be appreciated.
person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #6 
mernincrazy8525

there is a sticky in the breeding section that will tell you everything you need to know. it is at the top of the breeding section.