Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #1 
Dorian Grey

Aqueon Quiet Flow 10...

I recently bought a filter for my 10 gallon tank. Its called a Aqueon Quiet Flow 10. I was just wondering if any of you guys have had any trouble with this filter or if you would recommend it or not. Also I read some reviews on line and a few people said that it doesn't have a strong current so I wouldn't have to baffle it. Is there any truth in this? I also didn't know you had to let a tank cycle so I put my betta Dorian back into his five gallon yesterday and I'll give him daily 100% water changes until the 10 gallon cycles.

Thanks for any help!
Dorian Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #2 
SmokeNLark

I have that filter in my 10 gallon, I like it a lot. And you can do a fish-in cycle as long as you keep up on water changes. Even if you keep him in the 5 gallon, you don't need to be doing daily water changes. One 50% and one 100% a week would be good.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #3 
alffa

Doesn't a 100% water change kill a cycle?
alffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #4 
Littlebittyfish

While fish-in cycling my tank I did 2 50% water changes weekly and checked the parameters every day to make sure nothing got too high.I like that filter...it is one of my favorites...I don't even have to prime it after I shut it off for my 50% water change...I just plug it back in and it goes..haha...I found it was quite strong though...I had to use the sponge and bottle baffle together so it didn't bother my fish...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote