Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #11 
Pitluvs

What you have there, many people use. If I could get them for decent prices here, I'd have them for sure!! Stop fretting about it :P XD You have a great roomy tank (I have never seen the 5g ones before, we only have up to 3g here). Just plop in a heater and you're good to go. Congrats on the find!!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #12 
youlovegnats

Hahaha, yup what Pit said ^^
Acrylic, glass, stone...it really doesn't matter what the tank is made out of (as long it isn't toxic).
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #13 
BlueEyes

Heh, I fret a lot. I think it amuses the rat babies sometimes because they're so damn spoiled because of it.

But yeah, which do you guys think would be better? One boy (or girl, if they can be alone) in a five gallon tank or two boys in a split five gallon?
BlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:48 PM   #14 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Heh, I fret a lot. I think it amuses the rat babies sometimes because they're so damn spoiled because of it.

But yeah, which do you guys think would be better? One boy (or girl, if they can be alone) in a five gallon tank or two boys in a split five gallon?
PERSONALLY, I feel which ever you can keep up with and your personal choice :) If you can handle extra water change a week, then two is great. If you want your Betta to have all the room, then one Betta. Really up to you, but a Betta will do great in a 5g or in 2.5g divided. Then you can have two Bettas!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #15 
BlueEyes

Ha, I suppose. I'll have to think on it. My brother had a ten gallon with a single male in it (that fish had the biggest ego ever) but he never changed the water except for like once every three months. And then he put him in a one gallon bowl and never changed it and the poor thing died.

So I'm just slightly worried about fish unhappiness
Old 08-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #16 
Jpeck

Quote:
I was looking around Petco, and I saw a plastic betta keeper/kritter keeper and I did the online conversion, but I wanted to make sure I got it right.

I found a container that's 14.5x9.75x8.75 and it came out to just over five gallons. Is that right?

Do you mean this one ?:

http://www.petco.com/product/12031/P...rium-Fish.aspx

I do have the same one (large), and it's 3 gallon tank.
I'm happy with it.
Jpeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #17 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Ha, I suppose. I'll have to think on it. My brother had a ten gallon with a single male in it (that fish had the biggest ego ever) but he never changed the water except for like once every three months. And then he put him in a one gallon bowl and never changed it and the poor thing died.

So I'm just slightly worried about fish unhappiness
Oh nooo! Poor fish! :'(

Well, that's how some people have to learn I guess- the hard way :/

I personally would get just one GORGEOUS male and see how it goes with him before getting another one. ^^ But that's just me- it's really all up to you.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #18 
BlueEyes

Jpeck : Yes, that one. Why would the converter turn it into five gallons though?

Youlovegnats : The fact is, he didn't learn, because he didn't care. Neither did my mom because she hates fish. She gets them for us and then waits for them to die. And yeah, that might be the best. Just getting one male and seeing if he'd be comfortable with a smaller space. I could get a divider and test it out.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #19 
youlovegnats

O___O Woah... I am so sorry...

Good plan! :D
Old 08-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #20 
BlueEyes

Yeah. I think "Blaze," as the little fellow was called, got too boring for my brother. He didn't move around a whole lot (probably because his tank was chemically digusting all the time) so he wasn't "interesting."

So yeah.

I think that plan might work. Maybe by then I'll have enough experience to find a cheap beauty on AquaBid....nono bad thoughts. I have to stay away from that site for the sake of my car insurance. XD