Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #21 
youlovegnats

Awwwsss *hug*

I have yet to buy anything from AquaBid....sooo expensive! @_@;
I'd rather drive out 40 min to the nearest Petco and find something there... But I loovvee all my VT boys <3
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #22 
BlueEyes

*hug back* Yeah, I felt really bad because I wasn't allowed to clean his tank or anything, so he just had to suffer.

They don't have a very wide selection at Petsmart/Petco here, so I might just go on AB for more variety. But maybe they were at the end of a shipment when I went and looked at pet stores or something, I dunno. VTs aren't really my thing. I do like halfmoons and double tails. If it weren't so inhumane I'd get a feather or rose tail maybe, but I'm not supporting that.
BlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #23 
Jpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Jpeck : Yes, that one. Why would the converter turn it into five gallons though?

Youlovegnats : The fact is, he didn't learn, because he didn't care. Neither did my mom because she hates fish. She gets them for us and then waits for them to die. And yeah, that might be the best. Just getting one male and seeing if he'd be comfortable with a smaller space. I could get a divider and test it out.
I think the dimensions are external dimensions. If you look at the actual product, the label says it's 3 gallon, and it indeed holds 3 gallons. With moderate amount of substrate, 3 gallon water only leaves about 1.5".
Jpeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #24 
BlueEyes

Well that stinks. I was kind of hoping to have a spacious tank for my fishie. I'll keep looking then. Gr.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:47 PM   #25 
youlovegnats

I think Meyer (sp?) has long 29 gallons for around $35. I did a double take passing buy those tanks! lol xD
You can also find a lot of cheap tanks on craigslist and yard sales.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:36 AM   #26 
BlueEyes

Yeah, but I'm going to be going off to college in a year, so I'm going to need to get something small. Once I'm settled in an apartment or something I might start up a sorority, but I hope not to go crazy with it.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:11 AM   #27 
youlovegnats

Aaaahhh true. A 5 gal is perfect then ^^ When I was in the dorms, I had my Xiao Lan in a 2 gal kirtter keeper.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:18 AM   #28 
BlueEyes

Yeah. A five gallon doesn't take up a whole lot of room, and all the dorms I've looked at provide you with a desk, so I figure I can set the tank on there.

Do most colleges let people have fish? Or is it just absolutely no live animals allowed?
Old 08-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #29 
youlovegnats

They should let you bring fish (just not mice, cats, dogs, snakes..). I had a turtle too (I don't think he was allowed though lol) But he stayed in his tank. I think the rule is anything under 10 gallons is accepted in dorms.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #30 
BlueEyes

Oh okay. I was kind of concerned about that. I don't want to piss somebody off.

Do you think they'd let me have multiple tanks, depending on how I'm doing financially and the like?