Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #11 
Lordsameth

I'm worried that moving him lots may stress him out even more. He's moving a lot and is aware of what is going on, so I'm thinking he has a good chance of beating it with temperature regulations (he's out of the sun now) and darkness. He's really beautiful... a lucky find. It'd be a shame if he stays ill..

He isn't rubbing, just perching. His breathing is normal too. I feel a lot of his weakness is loss of energy from zipping around his new home, due to our work schedules someone in the house is up at all times, and they let me know he was very active during most times. His fins started unclamping a little at the water change. When I put some salt in the water he came out of hiding and had a look, so the stable water temperature did help, although the instability helped me find the velvet early enough.

Last edited by Lordsameth; 08-03-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Lordsameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:46 AM   #12 
Pitluvs

Listen to Sakura, she's awesome :)

What does he look like?
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:05 AM   #13 
Sakura8

*blush* Aww, shucks, thanks, Pitluvs.

Lordsameth, if you don't want to use two bowls, that's fine. But you'll still have to move him somehow to do the daily water changes. You MUST do those to get all the parasites out but how you do them is totally up to you.

No rubbing, then. Is he breathing heavily? And could you possibly take a pic of him?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:08 AM   #14 
Pitluvs

I believe the camera isn't good enough to get pictures of colors and such.. maybe a video would work?
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:28 AM   #15 
Sakura8

Oh, right. Forgot about that. Never mind. But I would still advise the daily water changes.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:29 AM   #16 
Lordsameth

I'll get some pics in a few. He's in his pirate ship.

Yes I do plan on moving him to a bowl, but I can't do it until I've cat-proofed the bowl. It kind of has to wait until tomorrow because it's pretty late and I've got to get some sleep for work.

Hi breathing is normal, he seems healthy enough, just tired and fin clamped. I'm not even 100% sure he has velvet, the gold might be part of his color.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:52 AM   #17 
Sakura8

Then definitely just stick with AQ salt, no meds. It won't hurt him if he really doesn't have velvet. Keep us posted.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:05 AM   #18 
Lordsameth

Here come the pics!

This first one.. imagine those gorgeous fins opened!

In these next two, look near the eye, see where it is golden? What do you think?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:10 AM   #19 
Sakura8

Are the gold spots by his eyes sparkly-like? And does he have any gold on top of his head or back? It doesn't look like it but maybe you can verify that.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:14 AM   #20 
Lordsameth

It does glitter, yes, but so does his tail if you look at the blue streaks in the lit picture. It goes under his belly a short ways, but it isn't too extensive. When the light is shined on it though, it looks like gold powder. In the light those spots are slightly darker.