Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2011, 03:07 AM   #11 
bettaloverforever16

My hosue is at a constand 75 degrees, and the water is usaully a few degrees higher than that, ebcause my room is warmer than all the others.
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:09 AM   #12 
Bettawolf19

hmm do you have a mirror at all? You could try to see if it will perk her up a bit and maybe let her poo. I did that with Blackbird every once in awhile when he decides to eat the ottos wafers.
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:10 AM   #13 
bettaloverforever16

I can ask my mom tomorrow, or I can try and find her makeup mirror around here somewhere.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:16 AM   #14 
Bettawolf19

water is rarely warmer thent he outside air. If anything if you ahve some cling wrap you could put it over ht etopa dn ut hole sin it and wrap a warm towel around the bowl like thing to see if you can warmt he water upa bit and keep the humidity high for her.
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:33 AM   #15 
Sakura8

Did you add the epsom salts?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #16 
bettaloverforever16

Gia died this morning guys.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #17 
TheCrysCat

Aw, that's a shame :( I'm sorry that happened. Such small bowls are hard to regulate when it comes to things like water quality and temperature. I would recommend not getting another fish until you can get at least two gallons, otherwise this will probably repeat itself.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #18 
Indyfishy

I'm so sorry to hear about Gia, she was soooo cute =( I agree with the cryscat, until you get a new bowl this will happen every time. Unless you find a new bowl, you really shouldn't get another fish. Wait to get one until you can have a nice home for it. For now, just take good care of your other fish and baby him =)
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #19 
fightergirl2710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfishy View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about Gia, she was soooo cute =( I agree with the cryscat, until you get a new bowl this will happen every time. Unless you find a new bowl, you really shouldn't get another fish. Wait to get one until you can have a nice home for it. For now, just take good care of your other fish and baby him =)
+1
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #20 
metalbetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfishy View Post
Agreed.
Until you can properly care for the one you have, I strongly suggest not getting another fish. I hate to be blunt, but that's exactly what needs to happen if you want to be successful with this hobby. Once you can get proper equipment (heater, decent sized tank or bowl, plants, the whole nine yards) for your current and possible new fish, then sure, bring another one home. It gets expensive, so it's best to keep what you can afford. I spend a good chunk of money on my eight fish already, but I can afford what they need. I know it sucks, since bringing a new fish home is always so enjoyable. I love watching them brighten up and grow too. But if you want them to thrive, then a combination of patience, priorities, and proper care is key. Good luck with your current betta.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote