Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #1 
thePWNISHER

Eco-Complete Substrate and Cories

Okay, now that I have this 29g in my garage. I had a couple of questions so I can start formulating what will go in it when I get around to setting it up and cycling it.

I was thinking a sorority with cories live planted. Well if I use the Eco-complete substrate will that be smooth enough for the cories? Does anyone have any experience with it? If not what substrate is good for live plants and cories besides sand, I'm avoiding the gas pocket monster since I've never dealt with it.
thePWNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #2 
Arowan

I've been using eco-complete in my sorority tank with no ill effects to my cories. Their barbels have actually grown longer since I purchased them!

I've also had my plants thrive in eco-complete, too. When I don't kill them traveling >_<

I've also been debating adding some kind of fine gravel or sand layer on top, but haven't found one I've liked, yet. And even if I did it, I'll be saving it for the next time I move back to the dorms, as then I have an excuse to take everything out of the tank anyway xD
Arowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #3 
1fish2fish

Cories will be fine with eco-complete.

You don't want to add anything on top of the EC it is designed to be the only substrate in the tank and works better that way.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #4 
thePWNISHER

is it smaller/smoother gravel than your average gravel? It looks that way online I've yet to find it in person to see for myself. I guess that is why I am asking.
thePWNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote