Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #1 
Arashi Takamine

Small pinhole in anal fin?

Okay guys I noticed it yesterday Akira has a small pinhole shape in his tail. I can see right through it.

Okay so some background info:

I had to put him back in his 1.5 because his 3 gal cracked and water was just gushing out of it. He built a tiny bubble nest under a bamboo leaf (we have all his old decor in it) but when he's flaunting his tail around in his begging dance I saw it clear as day and my BFF even confirmed it for me. We left it alone because her little brother was around and he needs to be watched constantly. Now I've added a half teaspoon of AQ salt.

The temp is an even 81 still and the water is still clean. I'll test it tomorrow for ammonia.

You guys all know Akira's past health from his tail biting to mild finrot. I'm leaving for vacation in a week so I can't do a full ten day treatment.

Why? My dad would kill him if he tried to do the waterchanges. He does three days of fish feedings.

Now because he's going to be taking care of the dog I've been weaning the boys off their usual 3 meals a day down to two and on occasion one because my dad can forget sometimes. I'll be calling every night and getting on his case about it so they won't starve...

Should I give Akira some extra brine shrimp to y'know give him extra protein to heal?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote