Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #11 
Nat

That's so sweet of you :)

Thank you for making me feel a lot better. I'm so afraid that it's something I'm doing and that my fish will keep dying. You just made me feel like I'm not a completely horrible fishy parent - LOL.

The scary thing is that PetSmart's tanks look really clean and the water looks really clear. I wonder if they're just cramming too many fish into one tank - they are jammed in there.
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #12 
Sakura8

You're welcome. But sadly, fish deaths happen to everyone, from the most experienced aquarist on down. I lost 3 cory cats in one week and it took me a long time to figure out why. It happens.

Petsmart really does cram the fish in, don't they? I saw a tank at my store that had so many tiger barbs in it, I couldn't even see the back of the tank for all the fish. And even though the water and tanks are clean, there's got to be a lot of ammonia in there because of the overcrowding.

Good luck finding your new platies.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clamped fins, fungal, stress