Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #1 
SaylorKennedy

Petco brand sand.

Was at local petco store and they had new Petco brand sand. It was 4.99 for 5lbs. Pretty good price. Didn't look like a soft sand, and was a lot grainier than Caribsea sand, but they had some nice colors (black, whiteish/creme, a nice burnt auburn orange, navy) and I kind of wanted to try it out. Didn't though as sand is a pain in dorm rooms.

Just thought I'd let you all know and maybe someone will try it and give a report.

Also, they changed the packaging for the Petco brand gravel and they had the old bags of gravel on clearance. It was the same stuff just different packaging for like $1 a bag. Might be a good deal for someone looking for cheap, yet fairly good, stuff. And I saw 5lb bags of Caribsea sand for $1.20 as well.
Better get those deals before they're gone.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:06 AM   #2 
Franzilla 806

I actually just got this for my new set up. The sand is more like very fine gravel and has larger grains. The great thing is that is soo much easier to rinse! Just make sure that if you do not tear down the tank once a week, to rake or stir the sand to keep deadly anaerobic bacteria from growing. I empty my 3 gal once a week when doing a 50% water change and that is when I rinse the sand. So far i love the stuff and it looks great in the tank
Franzilla 806 is offline   Reply With Quote