I setup my 10 gallon on July 20th, so far my readings have been:
August 1st: Nitrate 160ppm, Nitrite 5.0ppm, Ammonia 0ppm? seemed lighter than the 0, pH 8.0ppm
Latest reading is today, August 4th: Nitrate 40-80 ppm can't tell which, Nitrite 0ppm, Ammonia 0ppm, pH 7.8ppm
Judging by these recent readings it appears my tank is ready, although it seems it went pretty quickly. My other tanks took about a month. I did seed this one with items from my other cycled tank though, so I know that sped things up. I am considering letting it sit for another week or so, without adding anymore food to the tank. I siphoned it out today, replaced 50% of the water, and set up the rest of the decorations. Does waiting another week seem like the right thing to do based on my readings? I also was wondering if ivy is safe. Just regular ivy you would see growing on the side of a house. I know it will eventually rot, but for the time being, say a few weeks is it safe? I'm not sure if it will release toxins to the fish, so just making sure ahead of time. Thanks for any help.