Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #1 
Foisair

Moving my tank...

Hi all. I currently have a 2gal tank on my desk at work for Beast and his snail buddy. Tomorrow is our last day in our current location and I will be moving them to our new office. Any advice/tips/tricks to getting them moved with minimal stress? Also, if there's any way to preserve everything so I don't have to cycle it again that would be great.

Thanks in advance! ^_^

Edit: I guess I should explain my tank a little bit. The pic in my avvy is Beast. The substrate are the flat-sided marbles. I have live plants and multiple decorations. There is also a heater, Tom Mini Internal Filter and a glass thermometer.

Last edited by Foisair; 08-04-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Foisair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:10 AM   #2 
Sakura8

Take Beast out and put him in a small cup or container, preferably similar to the cup he came in from the pet store. Then empty his tank of all the water and move them that way. If you have it, use a few drops of Stress Coat with Beast to help keep him calm during the move.

You will lose some of the bacteria in the water but you shouldn't lose any bacteria in the filter as long as the move doesn't take more than 6 hours. You can take the filter out and put it in a container of water to keep it moist during the move. Once you have everything set back up, test the water for ammonia during the next few days in case there is a small ammonia spike.

Good luck!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:07 PM   #3 
Foisair

Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how it goes.
Foisair is offline   Reply With Quote