Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #11 
HelloThere123Betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaK View Post
Has everyone heard about what happened at the State Fair today(outside of the fairgrounds I should say)? Beware!

How many bettas does everyone have? And are they any really good LFS's close to you?

No! What happened! I live so close to Minnesota that I only get MN news and radio!
HelloThere123Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #12 
ChelseaK

There was a group of black kids(?) *I'm not racist, this is how it was* that was attacking white people as they were walking out of the fairgrounds. I don't know if it was some sort of gang thing, or if it was just a group of bored teenagers, but it was a pretty big deal. They had to set in place new rules and such for the fairgrounds but I don't remember much about it. I just know that good thing while up I'm there I don't leave the fairgrounds ever!
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #13 
ChelseaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieLynn View Post
I have 10 bettas, I have 5 males and 5 females, the females are in a sorority, and all the males are in own tanks, Im going to do a 10 gallon divided three was so instead of 6 tanks I have 4. 2 of my tanks have live plants. I have 2 crown tail males hercules and fred. fred has a blue body with red fiins and hercules is black bodied with yellow fins. Huey is a veil tail and hes like a mix of colors, dont know how to explain it, i got him from the lfs i like. then there is Norbert my blue green mustard gas dragon hmpk, newest addition is Haku a veil tail male who is a marble i think (in avi) he has a white body with blue iridescent to his fins in the lightand a blue and orange tail, Then i have 3 vt girlies and 2 ct girls. the vt's are gloria who is red, luna who is a white-ish with pink iridescent, and heidi who is cambodian then one of the ct's looks like fred blue with red fins her name is gail and lastly viola who is all blue. That is my little family haha. I just went to look and huey has like a pink-ish body with a light blue-ish purple fins that have red at the end. Ill try to post a pic.
You're fishies sound beautiful! Especially the black and yellow one, I haven't seen that combo much.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #14 
MaggieLynn

I read about that last night. holy cow!! they said it was a mob attack and like 24 people were arrested. =/ and yeah I was going between east and west petco, looking for females being picky and I saw him and I had to buy him!! His name is Hercules. His fins have alil black at the tips but I dont think anything is wrong for 2 months it has been like that and his fins have stayed the same so I thing that is just his coloring, black with yellow and black fins. My boyfriend calls him Hades lol. I have pictures of them all in albums on here. Haku is in my avi only
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #15 
ErrantWhimsy

Hi Wisconsinites! Would anyone be interested in a Fluval Edge? I want to upgrade to a larger tank.
ErrantWhimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #16 
ChelseaK

What size?
Old 12-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #17 
ErrantWhimsy

6.6 Gallon. I found someone in town who will trade it for a 10 gallon, though. So that's good at least! What aquarium plants would you suggest, and what are the best places in wisconsin to get them from?
Old 12-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #18 
ChelseaK

Honestly I find the best place to get plants is online. It's hard to find stores that have nice plants, but there is a place in Madison, Living Art Aquarium, that I saw had a lot of planted tanks. For me, the drive isn't worth it, but for someone in that area, that may be a good place to check.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #19 
ErrantWhimsy

What are the best websites? I found some marimo balls on amazon, but not sure I can trust that.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #20 
lilyth88

Oh, hey. I'm from Wisconsin too.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote