Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #11 
Jirothebetta

The story continues:

THe days passed and grew into weeks. The joys and fears of my early infant hood faded from memory, along with my gentle watchful father. My life became something of an adventure! I mastered the deeper cooler water of the bottom, It was no longer my enemy but became a place of excitement and intrigue. I often enjoyed swimming among the rocks and the shoots of the plants, there was always something new to see. There were also many other fish around me, my brothers and sisters, most larger than me, a very few were smaller. For the most part I stayed out of the way of my bigger siblings and the smaller ones learned to stay out of mine. I liked being alone, exploring the quiet corners of my world and the tangled forest of plants. I never failed to find a worm all the others had missed, or a shrimp that had some how escaped notice. It was fun and life was good...if only I had realized then how quickly my childhood was slipping away...
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:52 PM   #12 
Dozzem

:D I like it!
Dozzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #13 
Jirothebetta

Tensions were rising in our little world. We were all growing into something quite unlike what we had been in the beginning. It was more than just a change in size, it was change in color, in shape, in personality. Our world suddenly felt much smaller, taken up with flashy fins and violent surges of emotion. Its was maddening! No matter where I went I was blinded by color, surrounded by fish that flared and nipped and never gave me a moment of quiet.
More and more I sought out the quiet and cool of deeper water and for awhile this little bit of quiet and cool held me together. Until the day I found another fish in my favorite resting spot. He was one of my bigger brothers, massive, with fin's that flared and shimmered with every movement he made. He had always been big and was used to pushing the others around. I could remember many a time when he had stolen a worm from right beneath my nose while I backed off, not willing to risk a fight. All he had ever had to do was flare and not one fish would stand in his way.
He challenged me, spreading out his fins in a display that was both beautiful and infuriating. I couldn't stand it, this big bully was trying to take away the one thing in life that brought me joy, he was challenging my very right to peace and quiet. I flared back without thinking, to angry to be reasoned with...He spread his fin's to their full extent, swimming in violent strokes, coming closer to me with indignent fury in his eyes.
I wanted to back down so badly, I knew he could beat me up with out so much as flicking a fin but something in me wouldn't allow it. I had already been on edge but something in me had finally snapped. I could feel my self growing angrier and angrier and my brother swam closer and closer. I noticed he seemed a little confused, no fish had ever stood up to him, all he had ever had to do was flare, it had always been enough. He paused when he reached my nose, as confused about my lack of fear as I was. That was all it took.
I suddenly shot forward, completely over come with rage the like of which I had never experienced. I grabbed a hold of him, bitting and ripping at fins which shreaded and tore easily between my teeth, and he, he who had never been nipped a day in his life, he who I had thought invincible, panicked and fled, dragging me behind him. I felt crazy, driven even madder by the taste of blood. I held on as he dragged me around the tank, slinging me against rocks and plants, screaming at me to let go of him. Finally the fin I held ripped lose and I was left in a swirl of fins and blood, alone in the center of the tank.
My brother took cover beneath a leaf, gasping and bleeding, his torn fins fluttering in the water. Suddenly I was not so angry, my senses seemed to return to me and slowly I came to realize what I had done. Confused I looked at my brothers and sisters who had all hidden from me. Staring out with confused and fearful eyes.
I will not lie, I felt victorious, yet I had the keen sense that I had lost something important that I could never get back...I realized I had crossed some unseen line and that life would never again be the same for me again...I slowly looked around my little home, suddenly sorry for the blood I had spilled but knowing I would never be able to take back what I had done...I was not given long to process these feelings....I saw the world above me brighten, as it had always done before we were fed. I looked up, aware of a gnawing hunger in my stomach but no food appeared. Instead something large and green monster descended into the tank.
I ran from it, terrified, but it chased me down, cornering me between the walls of my tank. I tried to slip past it any way I could but each time I found a hole its large mouth met me, waiting to gobble me up. With a quick movement it swallowed me. I felt my self being pulled up, into a part of my world that was cold and utterly empty. I gasped for breath, my body felt heavy and weak. I knew that I was going to die any minute. An eternity passed and I was still alive, light headed and fighting with all my might against the creature that had swallowed me.
I don't know how or why it happened but without warning I felt the strange creature spit me out. I fell a little wayz into a whole new world, one where at least I could breath...

Last edited by Jirothebetta; 08-10-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:10 AM   #14 
betta lover1507

that was good continue please!!!
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:04 AM   #15 
copperarabian

I'm totally into this story XD
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #16 
Jirothebetta

XD I'm glad you like it
Old 08-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #17 
betta lover1507

when will you continue the story? (just wanna know i hope it didnt sound rude).
so he was moved to another fish tank right? ( i wanna where?? X]])
Old 08-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #18 
Jirothebetta

XD XD Don't worry, I will definitely be adding more soon, I just have to wait till I get a little more inspiration XD
Old 08-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #19 
betta lover1507

awww
Old 08-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #20 
Jirothebetta

XD I will most likely right more tonight...probably not any tomorrow though, I have a busy day tomorrow...