Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #31 
Jirothebetta

Thanks XD, I'm glad to know its an improvement from my last chapter. Its also a little relieving to know that people are actually enjoying it! :3

...If nothing comes up I will probably write a little more this evening Thanks again XD
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #32 
copperarabian

awwws, that's so sad he didn't like him because he beat up his favorite fish :(
it's getting pretty awesome :D
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #33 
BetterBetta

I lovee this! I keep anticipating whats gonna happen next! Great job:D
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #34 
Jirothebetta

XD Thankz

I awoke the next morning sore and stiff but feeling slightly optimistic. The light was dim and soft with early morning and the water of my tank was still cool from the night. I stretched out as far as I could reach, spreading my fins to their limit. I swished my tail in the water, enjoying the small current it created.
Curiously I swam up to the wall of my tank and stared out at the room now quiet and still. It was almost a different world from what it had seemed the other day. I yawned and a little bubble escaped from me. It squiggled its way up to the surface of the water. I followed it up thinking I might find some small morsel of food I might have missed the night before.
There was no food, though I did take a breath of cool air, hoping to banish the last bit of sleep from my mind.
I felt refreshed, full of energy and ready for anything. Movement from the room beyond caught my attention. I watched as an enormous figure approached. It came right up to my tank and shoved its giant face into view. I recognized it as the gentler of the two creatures I had encountered the other day. It looked thoughtfully at me, taping the walls of my tank gently with the rays of its long lanky fins. I couldn't help but look expectantly for any food that might appear,inching a little closer in hopeful attention.
I did not wait in vain, for two small squiggly worms dropped suddenly before me. I sucked them up, enjoying the chewy squishy sensation they caused as they slipped down my throat. I couldn't suppress a wiggle of excitement as two more instantly replaced them. Again I heard the strange alien giggle and again she flashed her teeth in an unsettling grin. I did not feel nearly so threatened as before. I felt that these were things I could get used to if it meant worms and crunchy treats.
Suddenly the world became overwhelmingly bright again. I swirled to avoid the blinding brightness and struck my head against the wall. For a moment I was stunned, the breath knocked out of me. I heard the familiar angry voice of the other day, booming from somewhere across the room.
"What are you doing?" It growled, as it came into view, its terrifying gaze sweeping instantly upon my semi paralyzed form.
"I was just..."
"JUST WHAT!?" It demanded.
"I mean, he looked hungry so I...,"
"You were what? Feeding that stupid fish! You act like I care! Go ahead, I could care less about what you do with him!"
"Well, I mean..."
"I said I didn't care! You can have him! I was just going to cull him any way. Even before he killed Maximus! He's always been a scrawny runt, he doesn't even have good quality fins! I probably couldn't give that stupid fish away!"
"......Maximus died?"
" WHAT DO YOU THINK!"
There was a moment of intense silence. Both had tears in there eyes, and for once I sensed an emotion that was not anger emanating from the violent creature. It was an intense and tangible sorrow, and it affected me just as powerfully as his anger had. I was overcome, for I knew it could only mean that my brother was in deed dead. Never in my life had I wished so fervently that I could take back what I had done....
"I'm so sorry Jason! But you can't blame the fis.."
"I DON:T WANT TO HEAR IT! ALRIGHT! JUST GET THAT FISH OUT OF HERE BEFORE KILL HIM!"

TO BE CONTINUED...
Old 08-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #35 
Jirothebetta

XD Thankz

I awoke the next morning sore and stiff but feeling slightly optimistic. The light was dim and soft with early morning and the water of my tank was still cool from the night. I stretched out as far as I could reach, spreading my fins to their limit. I swished my tail in the water, enjoying the small current it created.
Curiously I swam up to the wall of my tank and stared out at the room now quiet and still. It was almost a different world from what it had seemed the other day. I yawned and a little bubble escaped from me. It squiggled its way up to the surface of the water. I followed it up thinking I might find some small morsel of food I might have missed the night before.
There was no food, though I did take a breath of cool air, hoping to banish the last bit of sleep from my mind.
I felt refreshed, full of energy and ready for anything. Movement from the room beyond caught my attention. I watched as an enormous figure approached. It came right up to my tank and shoved its giant face into view. I recognized it as the gentler of the two creatures I had encountered the other day. It looked thoughtfully at me, taping the walls of my tank gently with the rays of its long lanky fins. I couldn't help but look expectantly for any food that might appear,inching a little closer in hopeful attention.
I did not wait in vain, for two small squiggly worms dropped suddenly before me. I sucked them up, enjoying the chewy squishy sensation they caused as they slipped down my throat. I couldn't suppress a wiggle of excitement as two more instantly replaced them. Again I heard the strange alien giggle and again she flashed her teeth in an unsettling grin. I did not feel nearly so threatened as before. I felt that these were things I could get used to if it meant worms and crunchy treats.
Suddenly the world became overwhelmingly bright again. I swirled to avoid the blinding brightness and struck my head against the wall. For a moment I was stunned, the breath knocked out of me. I heard the familiar angry voice of the other day, booming from somewhere across the room.
"What are you doing?" It growled, as it came into view, its terrifying gaze sweeping instantly upon my semi paralyzed form.
"I was just..."
"JUST WHAT!?" It demanded.
"I mean, he looked hungry so I...,"
"You were what? Feeding that stupid fish! You act like I care! Go ahead, I could care less about what you do with him!"
"Well, I mean..."
"I said I didn't care! You can have him! I was just going to cull him any way. Even before he killed Maximus! He's always been a scrawny runt, he doesn't even have good quality fins! I probably couldn't give that stupid fish away!"
"......Maximus died?"
" WHAT DO YOU THINK!"
There was a moment of intense silence. Both had tears in there eyes, and for once I sensed an emotion that was not anger emanating from the violent creature. It was an intense and tangible sorrow, and it affected me just as powerfully as his anger had. I was overcome, for I knew it could only mean that my brother was in deed dead. Never in my life had I wished so fervently that I could take back what I had done....
"I'm so sorry Jason! But you can't blame the fis.."
"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT! ALRIGHT. JUST GET THAT FISH OUT OF HERE BEFORE KILL HIM!"

TO BE CONTINUED...
Old 08-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #36 
Jirothebetta

Sorry about the double post....I really wish I had waited and read through this more before I posted it...
I think my story got a little vague there at the end with the crazy converstation...Sorry
Old 08-12-2011, 02:46 AM   #37 
copperarabian

that was so sad O.O Poor boy is unwanted, but at least one person cares about him :P
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:43 AM   #38 
Sakura8

Jiro, are you a writer too? If not, seriously, you've got talent, consider taking it up seriously.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #39 
Jirothebetta

No...not seriously anyway. I mean I've always enjoyed writing but I guess I've never felt I had the right to call my self an actual writer, you know?
...You really think I have some talent?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #40 
Sakura8

Yes, I really think you have talent, Jiro, no lying. Sakura no lie. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote