Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #41 
Jirothebetta

O.O Sakura lie! XD JK

You have no idea how happy that makes me to hear someone say that...But seriously...how does one go about becoming a writer seriously?

Last edited by Jirothebetta; 08-12-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #42 
Sakura8

Well, you're already a writer. Becoming an author . . . is a little harder. Hehe, I'll let you know when I've figured it out myself. >.< But mostly it's about sending submissions to publishers, getting rejected 900 times and then hopefully getting that one big hit that gets turned into a movie or, if you're really lucky like J.K. Rowling, a franchise. These days, there are several self-publishing tools too, like publishing e-books or publishing through amazon.com or Barnes and Noble. There are good reference books that list publishers, like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Novel-Short-St...ref=pd_sim_b_4
You just can't be afraid to put your work out there and you can't be afraid of rejection. Kathryn Stockett, who wrote The Help (movie being released in theaters this week) was rejected 90 times before getting her book published and now look at her.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #43 
cuttlefish120

amazing story man. i really love it!
cuttlefish120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #44 
Jirothebetta

Thanks ...I think I'm gonna go do a little more research on being published. I never really thought about it seriously before but I don't think anything in the world would make me happier. If I really do have talent, and there's a chance a publisher out there might actually be interested in my work I don't see why I shouldn't get down to buisiness and submit something...it couldn't hurt The worst that could happen is my work gets turned down and that's just one of the things a writer has to expect at first...am I right?
Old 08-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #45 
Sakura8

Yup, you're right. Rejection is part of the game but for a writer, nothing can be better than being published.

And I hate writer's block. It's taken me two hours to write 1 and a half paragraphs. Of course, part of it is I keep getting distracted by this forum, haha.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #46 
Jirothebetta

O.O Writer's block is my mortal enemy, my arch nemesis . It has actually kept me from completing quite a few stories in the past...luckily I haven't had a case of it since I started writing this story..I'm actually kinda surprised
Old 08-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #47 
Sakura8

Oh to finally have someone to commiserate about writer's block with. Oh, I almost forgot. You can always look around and see if there are any creative writing groups in your area too. Sometimes junior/community colleges have them or libraries. Having someone to critique your work helps too.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #48 
Jirothebetta

O.O I never thought of that...it would be awesome to find a few fellow writers in my area. Its always fun to have people who share your interests to talk with. That's why I love this site, here I can find betta lovers and artists/writers...I can commiserate about the woe's of writer's block and my on going betta addiction at the same time XD
Old 08-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #49 
Sakura8

Yup. Where were all you people when I was in high school with no one to talk to?
Old 08-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #50 
Jirothebetta

XD