Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #1 
thePWNISHER

Exclamation Nooooo....Why Petco!! WHY!!!!

Okay, so once a week I take my daughter to either Petco or Petsmart to go to the "Doggie Store" since she is 3 and it is like a field trip to the zoo for her. So I am in the store she decides she wants to play hide and seek. Really its me following her a lane behind or her slipping away when i get distracted by something. So I'm chasing her towards the back of the store and low and behold there is a 29g Aqueon full kit for just $69 bucks. ARE you serious!!! I'm like looking at the tag, saya $149 regular, on sale for $129 save $20, then attached below that on the same tag is a $99 on sale save $29 bucks or something to that effect and that is in the price comparison box but the actual price box said $69.99. I'm like this makes no sense and it is too good to be true. So I corral my 3yr old, take to the front to grab a cart and when the ring it up, yep its $69 with a pals card. OMGOSH!! my wife is going to kill me, so I take it home anyways. Yes she is upset, but I remind her I am not setting it up until after the move to AZ. haha craziness. So if anyone wants a steal I suggest checking out your petco before they run out of insanely priced 29g kits.
thePWNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #2 
ForbiddenSecrets

Ha ha ha oh man that is my /exact/ problem today. I kept looking at it and looking and it and I ended up not buying it today. I'm feeling a little on the poor side lately but... sigh. It would be so lovely for my darling fishes. I even have all the spare gravel for it all I would need is to do the change over.

The petco in Corona had two of them and I'm still tempted to go back.
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:37 AM   #3 
thePWNISHER

It was the last one at the East Riverside Petco. I saw a sign and thought....naww its defected or something, then when I saw the last one up in the back by the bird stuff I knew it was a sign. At least now its later tonight and since I convince my wife about returning all of my 10gallon unopened upgrades, (heater, new aquaflow filter, etc...) I will get most of it back so i'm not really spending $75 but only like $10. Although I have to get substrate and decorations and junk now. I didn't mention that.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:40 AM   #4 
Sakura8

I want one so much but the only place left for it to go is in the living room/dining room and my mom is adamantly against that idea. :p Why not, I ask, restaurants have fish in their dining rooms, why can't we?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:44 AM   #5 
thePWNISHER

That actually was my problem until. I had the sorority idea a couple weeks back then I started measuring some areas. Well it would fit in my house and of course the school apartment, but still I have to figure out how to get a cheap stand, I have a leftover tv stand for my 10g but I really need something bigger for the 29g now. I hope craigslist is as generous in Phoenix as it is in SoCal.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:48 AM   #6 
Bettawolf19

I wonder how long its gonna be liek though O.O I have a coupon for Petcoa nd I get paid on thurday :D and get off at 2pm

Just looked and its until the 20th :D

Last edited by Bettawolf19; 08-03-2011 at 04:52 AM.
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:54 AM   #7 
thePWNISHER

I am glad i picked it up then. I imagine they will restock them before the weekend. I am moving the 22nd so I would not of been able to get it out there then.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:56 AM   #8 
Bettawolf19

Does it come with a heater? Or what does it all include?
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #9 
SmokeNLark

I bought that deal a few months ago. It was 40% off, so it was something like $69. I was soooo excited! If it's the aqueon like I got, it has a hood, light, heater, filter, and sample packs of food and conditioner.

I've got it set up, fully planted and stocked with a betta, 12 platys and a snail. And a few corys are in it's future. :D
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #10 
ForbiddenSecrets

I'm still considering going to go get it this morning :/ How annoying lol but it's such a lovely deal ...
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote