Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #1 
Jrf456

FOUR MALE BETTAS in ONE pet store cup SHARED.

YUP! You heard it right. I was at my local Walmart, I wanted to buy this beautiful black and white picture of NYC for my room since I just re did it in a modern black and white NY theme.. And of course, I always have to go look at the bettas. Soo.. I went over to them and didn't find any I wanted. While I was about to walk away, I looked in the sink, and what I saw made me gasp and my heart start to race.

FOUR MALE CROWNTAILS IN ONE PET STORE CUP !

YES! YOU HEARD IT RIGHT!
I was freaking out like crazy. So I ran to the nearest employee and told him. He laughed in my face while saying " Haha they fight yes? " He barely spoke English.

So I ran back to it. AMAZINGLY, all four of them were still alive. I found two empty cups, that were filled with pretty nasty water.. But I had to seperate them as quickly as I could. I took the net and scooped out fish by fish. Finally, I got them all out into their own cups.

So, I then went to find the manager to tell her about this. She was sooo rude. Here's how it went down.
Me: Hi ma'am, I was at the betta section and noticed FOUR males in ONE cup together!
Manager: Ok..
Me: Um.. You do know bettas can't be put in the same cup, right?
Manager: Yes.. What do you expect me to do about it kid?
Me: Umm, no. Quit the attitude. You're ridiculous to sit here and act like it's nothing. If you want to be matter-of-factly with me, I will be with you too. Now you need to either get back there and clean the yellow water yourself and keep a better eye on them in the future, or I will be reporting you to the Walmart corporation because this is vile, oh and yes. You can get into trouble for this.
Manager: Uh, ok.

And I walked away. I feel so proud of myself.. LOL. It felt sooo good to tell her off. I wish I could have taken some of those babies home.. But just got a new girl yesterday and the parents set it as a personal limit now.

So.. Comments appreciated(:
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #2 
Jrf456

Not exactly the expected reaction..
Old 08-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #3 
LittleBettas

Wow, Sam Walton would be SO dissapointed in how his store is run now!!!!
UG, I HATE WALMART NOW!!!!
They did the same thing when I showed them the two male bettas I ended up getting (the torn up one for free)
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:07 AM   #4 
Jrf456

WOW that's awesome you got them! I wish I could have saved some of those bettas.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #5 
ninjaofthe9seas

One time i went over into the garden shop (which is right beside the fish section) and stole some of their reciept paper (i was a cashier at kmart at the time so i know how to do that without being stupid XD) Took one of their pens, and wrote a little note to them about how crappy the care of the fish were. I dont think it did any good though. :/ But you go for saying that! I dont have the guts to speak to someone like that, i'm super shy when it comes to people i dont know.
ninjaofthe9seas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #6 
Abby

wrong i know but i woulda screamed the store down till they gave them to me and then i would have found new BETTA homes for them (pun intended)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:14 AM   #7 
ninjaofthe9seas

XD Abby your fishy in your avatar is SO pretty!
ninjaofthe9seas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 05:15 AM   #8 
Tikibirds

That's horrible. Did you talk to the store manager or a random dept. manager.
The one I worked at had so many different types of managers, you could never find one that you needed. Dept managers and customer service managers have no power and the store manager was a patronizing SOB.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 08-06-2011 at 05:22 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #9 
audjree

oh my gosh, that's crazy. i don't know if would have the guts to do that, but i would definitely tell one of the employees. the employees in the walmart i go to are pretty nice, so they would probably listen. the bettas in my walmart aren't the best cared for, but they aren't the worst.

kudos to you.
audjree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #10 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

DO NOT buy anything from a store which allows its live merchandise to suffer. Even buying a rescue continues the circle of pain - the store computers will automatically reorder another unfortunate fish to take its place.
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote