Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2011, 01:10 AM   #1 
Pitluvs

Which would you feed?

I limited option of Betta food here... just wondering which would you pick? I have a few here now and really don't know which to choose.
  • Nutrafin Basix Betta Shakers 0.45oz
    Guaranteed Analysis: Min Crude Protein 45%, Min Crude Fat 5.5%, Max Crude Fiber 2.5%, max Moisture 8%, Max Ash 9.5%, Min Phosphorus 0.6%, Max Phosphorus 1%

• Aqueon Betta Food 0.95oz
    Guaranteed Analysis
    Crude Protein (min).....38%
    Crude Fat (min) ..............7%
    Crude Fiber (max)...........7%
    Moisture (max).................8%
    Phosphorus (min)...........1%
    Ingredients: Whole Fish Meal (Whole salmon, herring & other mixed fishes), Whole Wheat Flour, Soybean Meal, Shrimp Meal, Whole Dried Krill, Wheat Germ, Corn Gluten Meal, Fish Oil, Squid Meal, Garlic, Natural Astaxanthin, Dicalcium Phosphate, Dried Yeast, Choline Chloride, Calcium, Propionate (a preservative), L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin A, Acetate, Cholecalciferol (source of vitamin D3), Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Menadione Sodium Bisulphite Complex (source of vitamin K activity), Folic acid, Thiamine, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6), Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, DL-Alphatocopherol (E), Manganese Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate.

• Wardley Premium Betta Food
    GE: Crude protein (min.) 40%, crude fat (min.) 4%, crude fiber (max.) 3%, moisture (max.) 9%, ascorbic acid (vitamin C) (min.) 900 mg/kg.
    Ingredients:

Fish meal, whole grain wheat, shrimp meal, soybean flour, brewers dried yeast, wheat germ meal, wheat gluten, fish protein concentrate, fish oil, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, crayfish extract in soybean oil, iron oxide, vitamin premix containing (wheat middlings, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, B12 supplement, riboflavin supplement, niacin supplement, calcium pantothenate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex, folic acid, pyridoxine HCI, thiamine mononitrate, d-biotin), choline chloride, marigold petal extract, canthaxanthin, ethoxyquin (as a preservative).

• Nutrafin Betta Max 1g
    Guaranteed Analysis: Min Crude Protein 45%, Min Crude Fat 5.5%, Max Crude Fiber 2.5%, max Moisture 8%, Max Ash 9.5%, Min Phosphorus 0.6%, Max Phosphorus 1%

PLEASE keep in mind, the fish go nuts over the Aqueon and it's so super small I don't have to crush the pellets for my younger boys. The others are HUGE lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #2 
Sakura8

Of those choices, I would go with Aqueon. It seems to have the most fish products in it. Definitely not Wardley.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #3 
Pitluvs

Aqeuon is liked by the boys, larger container and twice as expensive... that's what we'll go with until we can get the NLS online. It's about $30 a bottle locally for me O_o

Wardley was what I was feeding Venom and Carnage :(
Old 08-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #4 
bettaloverforever16

My boys LOVE Aqeuon, and if you have a betta with a small mouth, the pellets are smaller than most.
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #5 
Pitluvs

I found out yesterday that Ben and Twitch are from a local breeder, and Hughie is a shipment Betta. So Ben is still quite young, and prefers his food crushed. Twitch is recovering so his are crushed too. The Aqeuon is MUCH smaller. I am so happy a member suggested it to me and where to find it here.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #6 
fishman12

O.O $30!!!!!! I got 2 bottles for $6! But be careful, I didn't even get close to running out after a year passed and Russell died from it I think... :(
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #7 
bettaloverforever16

I highly doubt your betta died from that food, it's one of the best food brands. Maybe he was sick to begin with, or you got a bad batch?
bettaloverforever16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #8 
Fermin

Aqueon.
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #9 
fishman12

It had been open for more than a year, it was spoiled, but I didn't realize.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #10 
audjree

i use aqueon as well! (: my betta (and my betta before) just scarfs it down. haha i also like the size of it. but wow, $30?! crazy. haha i got a bottle of aqueon pellets, which came with aqueon betta bowl plus water conditioner. pretty good deal, except they barely give you any water conditioner.
audjree is offline   Reply With Quote