Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #11 
Pataflafla

If she starting to flip over on to her side, I would stop the aquarium salt and switch to epsom. It's the same dosage for both of them, so that part isn't hard at all, it's just the water changes.

Epsom helps with constipation, bloating, and swelling. Aquarium helps with external and fins and can actually make swim bladder issues worse.

It doesn't look like s/he has fin rot going on, just fin nipping. Clean water and stress coat combined with epsom should take care of her fin issues and swim bladder issues at the same time.

S/he is very pretty by the way.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #12 
GrimlockDESTROY

I am convinced this is a Female betta , so , I did a water change today, took out the aquarium salt, added the correct dosage of epsom salt & stress coat to the mix.

She does however look better now than she did at the pet store judging by her movements and curiosity, she is a fighter and i know she wants to live and i want her to live. I put a small piece of my water sprite in the tank with her for comfort, i hope she knows I'm trying my best to help her.

Thanks for all of the suggestions for this sick little girl, When i get some more decent pics of her i will post them here , hopefully I/We can get a better view of whats going on.
GrimlockDESTROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:26 AM   #13 
GrimlockDESTROY

Well, my female who i have name Malon, has been in the epsom salt, but has not yet had a bowel movement that i can see, however she is not laying on her side anymore that I have noticed, so i hope this is a good sign.

She comes up to my finger when i go near the tank, but i can still see the small bulge and it bothers me, I know it has to be uncomfortable for her, she looks to be no more than 7-8 months old in my opinion, I just hope nothing drastic changes and she takes a turn for the worse.

She stays at the top moving her little fins and she will go down for a little bit but comes back up now, I know you are sick and I know, if I found out who fed you that much food i would probably go to jail, nobody loved you, they wanted to let you fade away to make room for a more pretty healthy betta, and I know you wasn't happy in that awful cloudy blue water PetSmart has, I am trying my best to help you recover, hang in there!

It's amazing how easy these betta fish tug at your feelings, people telling me AWWWW just flush it, or I would have flushed it already, I will NEVER do that! These are not just fish they are family and deserve better.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:35 AM   #14 
Pataflafla

It may take another day or two for her to go. I'm sure her system is all messed up from Petsmart. Just keep dosing with the epsom salt for a week with 100% water changes. That should clear up any sbd and should also encourage her system to get back to normal.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #15 
GrimlockDESTROY

Well, I tried my best to save her, woke up this morning and she was gone :(
Old 08-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #16 
betta lover1507

well at least you tried to save her to a pet store they will think it;s just another dead fish. am sorry for your lost. she had better time with you then the pet store would because they would've neglected her suffering. i felt the same way when my sorority died one by one each morning i woke up :'[.
you tried and that counts at least she knows someone cared for her.
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote