Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2011, 12:27 AM   #11 
Pitluvs

Aquarium Sealant for sure. Much cheaper. You will have to leave the tank bare and dry for 48h though while it cures.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:54 AM   #12 
Vizja13

Okay, DEFINITELY picking that up today...but get this. I'm an idiot.

So, last night I watched the fish until 1 am, everything seemed fine, divider was tight, etc. WOke up at 5 am and checked again, nothing. I get up again at 7, can't find Jazz anywhere. Finally, I find him...on the wrong side of the divider. He looks perfectly fine, he's just not swimming around. I grab him and get him on the other side of the divider (I'm convinced he jumped, neither side had a hole big enough for the fish.) and notice his anal fin is totally ripped up. uh-oh. Out they BOTH come, into their little cups. Typical fish, the new red and white veiltail is perfectly fine (Maybe I should call him Ripper). Jazz ACTS fine other than a few small swimming issues and his ripped anal fin....so both are now in cups until I sort this out, and Jazz (Or "Ripper") may end up living in my small 1 gal. :( poor things.

Should I take the new one back??? I think If I put Jazz in with some females he'd be fine, but not with a fish as aggressive as Ripper...even though there was a divider...ughhh I am so mad at myself now. WHY did I let Jazz in the tank when he had been trying to get around the divider

On a higher note, Ripper has settled in fine with no stress. He did the wiggle dance when I was peering in at the tak this morning looking for Jazz...
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #13 
SmokeNLark

I wouldn't keep him with females either. I would either work on the divider issue or just keep him by himself. They will be fine as long as they can't get to each other. Seal the divider, see if he's getting under or over it and fix that issue.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Females can be just as aggressive as males. I wouldn't recommend it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #15 
Vizja13

Alright, O took Ripper back, I didn't want to risk something worse happening. The fish would flare at thin air and was just generally too aggresive. Jazz is in his own one-gallon tank, at least until his fin heals and he can swim a bit easier, dont want him drowning
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #16 
Dragonlady

Usually only male bettas that have lived together their entire lives can be housed together. ) Once bettas have been kept alone, they should always be kept alone....unless they are paired for breeding. Here are a few sibling males and females living together. They have lived together their entire lives, but they do have several siblings that needed to be seperate due to aggression.

Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #17 
PitGurl

Wow, Dragonlady what a awesome photo! You should enter that in the pic of the month contest!
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #18 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Usually only male bettas that have lived together their entire lives can be housed together. ) Once bettas have been kept alone, they should always be kept alone....unless they are paired for breeding. Here are a few sibling males and females living together. They have lived together their entire lives, but they do have several siblings that needed to be seperate due to aggression.

That is a beautiful photo and a lovely thing that they're all living together...What happened to that one boy/girl's eye though? I can see it clearly the one with the irridescent pects his eye looks like he has a bad case of pop-eye.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #19 
PitGurl

Is it a bubble your looking at?
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #20 
BetterBetta

Hahah that bubble makes it look like a verrrry extreme case of pop-eye o.o Luckily its not(:
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote