Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2011, 02:10 PM   #1 
MrVampire181

Verizon Rant.......

Ok so I upgraded phones back in March and I got a feature phone. Most of my friends upgraded at the same time. And within a few weeks I was having problems with my phone and then all my friends started having issues with their phones...now we all have feature phones and they just crap out. My friend has had to replace hers 3 times. Its crazy...I've never had issues with my phones before. I'm so sick of this phone I'm getting an iPhone on Thursday even though it'll be expensive.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a friend that is with Verizon and has had nothing but problems with her phone.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #3 
1fish2fish

If you don't mind my asking what phone did you get?

Usually if it's a brand new model there are going to be bugs. When the Blackberry Storm came out everyone was hot to trot to get it but then a few weeks later started noticing it had problems.

That's why I always go for a model that's been around for a while. Right now I have a blackberry curve and it's a decent phone except it freezes up a lot and I have to take the battery out... but it was a free phone on my plan.

The iphones seem to be really good. I haven't heard any complaints from the people I know who have them so I think you'll be safe with those.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #4 
Mew

I have an iPhone 3GS and it has some minor bugs. Sometimes it'll say that I don't have a sim card and I'll have to shut it off then turn it back on and it'll be back to normal. I'm not going to complain since I got it on sale for $40 from AT&T. It's a good phone and it rarely has any of those minor bugs.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #5 
laughing

I had TMobile before and hated it. With a burning passion. In a year or so I had to get a replacement about 5 times?! It was ridiculous. After I had to order the 5th, it was time to switch.

I am now on Verizon, and I couldn't be happier! Love it. I have the Android Global, I think? The only issue I have had is that it gets really hot sometimes when used for very long periods, but not every time, which I find odd. Other than that, it is amazing, works perfectly, doesn't lose signal, etc.

I have other friends that have had TONS of problems with their phones. A couple friends tried to talk me out of going with Verizon, it was just that bad.

This makes me think it is a hit-or-miss with them. My guy has it, too, and when we drove from AZ to CA through the desert and mountains he didn't lose service one time!

Sorry to hear you're in the "miss" category, but you should maybe try a new phone??
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #6 
1fish2fish

I really don't think it's Verizon that is the problem... it's the phone manufacturers themselves. All verizon does is contract out to phonemakers and provides service to customers.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #7 
Yurusumaji

I have an iPhone 4 through AT&T and I love my phone. My GPS got us to our destination when hubby's dad's TomTom or Garmin or whatever crapped out and kept telling him to turn on streets that didn't exist. I love my games, I love my bank app that allows me to check funds on-the-go and transfer funds on a moment's notice.

I do everything on my phone. I always talk about how much I love my phone and my husband says he's going to return it before I start to love it more than I love him. :D
Yurusumaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #8 
youlovegnats

Anything by Samsung is also pretty decent. I have the Galaxy S and looovvee it. Although it did act up today :/...buutt with technology you will always have bugs. :P
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #9 
MrVampire181

I have the Pantech Crux and it's terrible. At first I thought it was because I didnt know how to use it but now I know its the phone. Verizon is awesome..theres only two places I have issues with service other than the mountains. I really cant wait to get my iphone.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #10 
audjree

i also have an iphone through AT&T (the new white one!). i've had it for about 3 months.
so far, so good. i really love my phone. c:
audjree is offline   Reply With Quote