Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #1 
ashlyn1984

A little sad

Our newest betta we got Friday evening passed away overnight. He seemed fine last night before I left with the kids to have a sleepover at my parents. My husband sent me a text this morning when he got home from work that the fish had died. It looks as though he hasn't eaten any of the food he had been fed. He could have possibly got stuck in the plastic plant that is in the tank and ended up drowning but he didn't seem to have a problem with it. I feel bad now for leaving him alone overnight and wondering if there was something I could have done if I was here. He is going back to Petco tomorrow. I am pretty sure it isn't anything I did considering a betta we rescued a wk ago is thriving wonderfully and is healthy. I will have to say it has been crazy here though just from overnight until this morning. Not only do we have a dead fish, the light bulb in the other tank went out (replacing tomorrow morning, not taking my kids out in this heat), and we have an injured dove on our back porch I am trying to keep alive until animal control comes to pick it up. They have a lady who rehabs birds picking up a baby bird that is in their care so I couldn't have called them at a better time. Such a sad day.
ashlyn1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

This is a little late but I'm sorry about your loss. I hope the bird survived. Poor thing.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #3 
EverythingNice55

Ooohhh, I'm so sorry to hear!! Poor thing.
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote