Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #1 
Comet1993

Gravel Siphon

I purchased an expensive gravel siphon for my tank; it was supposed to siphon and put water back into the tank, depending on the setting. =] I was all excited about it. I got it home, tried it out, and...it didn't fit my faucet. -_-... So... I was wondering if anyone knows where to find an attachment to make it fit my faucet (if they even have that). If not, there has to be another way of cleaning my gravel, right? =/ Maybe there's a much simpler siphon out there.. Any thoughts?
Comet1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #2 
PewPewPew

There ARE much simpler ones...

Regular siphons! :P Hehe! Unless you have 20+ gallons, you can use a regular siphon and a large, clean bucket to refill. They sell buckets at walmart that hold 5 gallons each :)
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:02 AM   #3 
Comet1993

I've never used a siphon before for my tank, but it can't be too difficult. I think they have one at Walmart that doesn't cost about forty dollars. Lol! I'm planning on doing my first water change soon. =] I have the bucket; just need to get another siphon, unless the one I have can be detached from it's accessories and made into a simple siphon... That would be nice. =]
Old 08-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #4 
PewPewPew

Sometimes the ones at walmart are more expensive than needed! D:< Stupid walmart!!

You can check these types out:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752298

I own this, but instead of a vacuum, I have a regular tube siphon.

You can also make one using a bottle and tubing :) Cut off the bottle's bottom, make a hole in the cap, put the tubing in, and seal air-tight!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #5 
Comet1993

Thank you! =]