Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #1 
Myates

Ugh Wally-world

So went shopping today to get school clothes/supplies for my daughter and decided to walk over to the fish area. I fell in love. With a couple of them.. a mustard gas/light blue VT male, another that was cream/yellow, also a VT male.. and the one I chose (picture to be coming soon), a male CT, dark red, each scale on his body reflects blue/green.. but they are separated with a little red.. so almost like evenly spaced/placed bright dots. His fins are about 1/3 webbing and looks even all around.
Just wish I had my digital camera :(
Was so upset though.. lady was checking me out and dropped the cup upside down! After man-handling it this way and that trying to read the bar code.
"Do you want to go get another one?"
As if it were a box of muffins........ ... .. .!!

Anyways, just so excited that I found him, been wanting a CT and something other then Xander's blue coloring. So yay!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #2 
Tisia

I usually keep my hand on the cup the entire time and just turn the bar code at the checker. I don't trust most of the employees to be as careful with them as I am

*hopes you get your camera back from where ever it is soon and there are pics*
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:27 PM   #3 
TwilightNite

I Despise when the do that, it makes me SO mad! Ugh, angering! Sometimes I just don't get those employees, They should go through a training program for something like that. Those Betta's sound beautiful, I love mustard gas colored Betta's they are so pretty!
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #4 
betta lover1507

that is not right why do would someone do that ??? but every thing happens for a reason
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #5 
KitLaurie

Oh wow. He's ok now, right? When I got my new boy a few weeks ago from our walmart the lady at the checkout rung him up and then BAGGED him! Not even his own bag, just in with my other groceries! My friend and I were just like, "Why would someone bag a fish?" "That's not ok.." That's not safe." Poor little guy." Right there in front of the cashier. It wasn't even a consciously spiteful thing, we were just that shocked and confused we had to say it out loud! Cashier didn't bat an eyelash...
KitLaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #6 
Luimeril

when i got King Steve, the lady was shocked they even had bettas! she was really careful with him, and even checked him out and commented on how cute he was. thankfully, they don't sell bettas no more. >3> now, if they'd get rid of those less-than-a-gallon "Betta tanks".... the world will be peaceful for once. x:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #7 
Myates

Yeah, the lady tried to put it in a bag with other things, luckily my boyfriend grabbed him out and handed him to me. >.< Oh! And have pics of him now! Again, bad quality, cell phone.. but gives you an idea why he caught my attention!

He's still in shock it seems, so keeping him in a dark tank now. Did some light to take the pics.. he is actually a darker red, unsure why the colors kind of messed up.. the rocks are black, not blue. Darn led lights hehe..

And Xander checking out his new neighbor.. he flared, but couldn't get the other one going lol.

Was trying to come up with a name for the new one.. any suggestions? No personality yet that I've seen.. but came up with Cheveyo (Hopi Spirit Warrior), Spyro or Draco.. anything else would be appreciated!

Oh, and what the pictures fail to show is on the tips of his fins, they are blue XD
Old 08-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #8 
MMAsac
Banned

great looking fish.... I have yet to ever find anything good at our local wal marts.. Lucky you!!!!
MMAsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #9 
BetterBetta

Spyro! Omygawsh I loved those games(: Cute betta!
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #10 
Myates

Hehe thanks... and his name is Spyro now :)