Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #1 
BlueEyes

Anyone used this tank?

Has anyone used this tank? It's a 5 gallon from Walmart, and I wanted to see if there were any issues before I added that to the list of possibilities for my potential fish.
BlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #2 
hmboyz

I was thinking on getting that but I waited and went to petsmart and I saw a 12g Marineland eclipse for $24.97! :) I just got it this morning... so check your LFS.
hmboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #3 
Nymmers

I have it, because the wal-mart I got it on had it on sale. It is wonderful, and my live plants are enjoying the light already in it. The filter is a little strong though, i still need to baffle mine. But its small so I'm not sure how. lol
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #4 
BlueEyes

So no leakage or tech issues? I wasn't really paying attention to much more than the gallon size, because that's my biggest concern. I might google it tonight to see what else I can read about it. I just figured that at such a good price it'd be worth it.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #5 
Thunderloon

Aqua-tech IS marineland, the tank was likely made All-Glass.

I use the straight tube screw-in fluorescent bulb at walmart's aquarium section for light in mine. I found that either cutting off the bottom of the water return and clamping a sponge on OR buying an AquaClear 20 to use instead both work well for the little tank.

All this kit really needs is a heater, I'd suggest going past PetSupermarket and getting a Penn-Plax adjustable for $14.00.

I actually like the cheap aqua-clear hoods enough that I bought one for my 10g sorority and even my odd Bio-Pro-30 canister filter return bio-wheel fits in it.

If you can put ornaments under the returning flow that cause the circulation to go along the back of the tank it will help keep it clean, just don't do anything that bill batter your little-ones.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #6 
BlueEyes

So all I need to do is baffle the filter and add a heater?
Old 08-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #7 
Sweeda88

I have that tank. LOVE it!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #8 
Loralyn94

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
So all I need to do is baffle the filter and add a heater?
Should be all you need to do, I dont have this tank, but I do have the 10 gallon one thats exactly the same. The filter is a little strong and it doesnt come with a heater, but you should be able to find one for a decent price.
Also I'd suggest looking at the price of the 10 gallon version of this tank, at the wal mart by me it was only $2 more so i got it. Of course if your wanting just a 5 gallon then go ahead and get that one haha :)
Loralyn94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #9 
Littlebittyfish

I also have that tank. I love it.
and I +1 the penn plax heaters..I have 2 and they work really well...I think they might work better than my Hydor heater...That darn thing is always fluctuating...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:12 PM   #10 
BlueEyes

I'd get a ten gallon, but I plan on getting this when I go to college, so I've got to consolidate space as much as possible.

I can easily take care of a heater and baffling. So I guess this'll be the one I'll get instead of a kritter keeper. I may cycle the tank too, if there's a filter in it. Hm...