Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #11 
MMAsac
Banned

usually I'd say mr jingles house is way to small, but he must be happy cuz thats a pretty good sized bubblenest
MMAsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #12 
bettafish15

That tank is half a gallon, much too small. Bubblenests DO NOT mean happiness. OP, please get a tank larger than 2 gallons for your betta. The bigger the better.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #13 
StarBetta

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
That tank is half a gallon, much too small. Bubblenests DO NOT mean happiness. OP, please get a tank larger than 2 gallons for your betta. The bigger the better.
yeah mines is 1/2 gallon so thats why im upgrading.
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:23 AM   #14 
BettaFreakMink

I've written something and erased it 5 times now, but this is just too delicate a subject for me to really post on. Wish you luck finding a good tank though!
BettaFreakMink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #15 
EverythingNice55

I am always getting told that my tank is TOO SMALL, well I like it. It's big enough for a betta, and bettas are small little fish, and I DON'T think that they should get a HUGE tank. It's a pain to clean. I want to keep it simple. I can't afford a tank and I have no place to put it! Mr. Jingles likes his home, and that's all that matters! And yes, bubblenests should how happy your betta is! I'm sorry, I'm sick of people telling me that it's too small because it's big enough for me.
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #16 
fightergirl2710

I just wanted to mention that the bigger a tank, the easier it is to clean because you don't have to clean it as often as you would a small one. And bubblenests are a sign of breeding readiness.. Even bettas in cups build them. How you want to keep your betta is up to you, I just want to put these points out there. :)
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #17 
Zenbetta

Correction, Bettas are NOT small little fish! Look how long there fins and tails are, there fins and tails alone are twice the size of a 1.5 inch neon! Also, the only thing I have left to say is that your tank should not be based on your happiness but the happiness of your betta after all he has to live in it, not you.
Zenbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #18 
StarBetta

well i upgraded to a 10 gallon (lol) and my betta is the king of the tank! well litterally because hes the only one in the tank... :)
Old 08-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #19 
BetterBetta

Haha Starbetta(: and Everythingnice, we're not trying to be mean, but to ensure your betta lives a long, happy life! Bettas like space to swim around in and claim their own territory, even if they are small. Take tetras for example, they're relatively fast and active fish, so its best to have ten gallons because they need a lot of room to swim around in.
I believe you got something like this:
At Petco they're 12.99

And here's a 1 gallon kit, which is better:
This is at Petsmart, for only 11.99. Its cheaper!

Again, we're not trying to be mean or anything, but the reason everyone's telling you it's too small is because its true. We're trying to help out, and Mr. Jingles would be happier if you made the right decision. You say you have no room, but this can be a corner tank, and fit into small spaces. 1 gallon is the minimum, so at least provide this for your pet!
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #20 
StarBetta

well i didnt get that i got a $29.99 10 gallon tank with the lid and filter. also i got it at petland discounts. that was quite a discount huh? lol