Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #81 
betta lover1507

it is so pretty... 0.0 how do you mix the colors that is a big problem like on his bottom fin you mixed the red with the grey-ish color, and it is hard for me to the tip of the fins like hoe you did it on the tail on top fins it looks realistic. i don't no how to mix colors like that. the details i think i could get the hang of it but i have problem with coloring so mines mostly are black and white.
i try to keep you posted ;] (hard for me to smile in realty...)
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #82 
Neil D

*joins in staring in awe*

I actually though someone asked you to do another pic! wow that is really amazering
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #83 
smellsfishie

Bettalover, just keep practicing, you will get it. :) I actually think I am terrible with colors... but... I just get as close as I can, and make it work for that picture. One of the most important things I have learned through experience drawing is "do not draw what makes sense"... In other words, when looking at a picture, do not draw what you *think* it should look like, draw what it *actually* looks like, even if it seems wrong or like it looks weird... in the end, it will all come together and look "right".

For mixing colors, just start your pencil strong (press down harder) where you want it to be solid, then lift your pencil up (lighter stroke) where you want to blend it with another color.

Neil, thanks :)
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #84 
betta lover1507

instead of strawberry and oceanist can i get luna and lunar??:

this the best picture i could get of luna (she won't hold still) she has red fins,with light blue rays, black body with blue shine on top of her. she is a combtail i think (she is no VT or CT)
lunar: ( i have many photos of him =]{i love him so much he encourages me})

he is steelish blue ,with red splashes on his bottom twined to and a little shade of red on top, his top fin is a little piece of tint on him, and his bottom fin is red with steelish blue around the center (where the red is) and he is a double tail.
thx if you can =]
Old 08-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #85 
betta lover1507

thx for helping {=)
Old 08-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #86 
smellsfishie

No problem :) I can draw them instead of the other ones, sure.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #87 
betta lover1507

thank you so much these two are my oldest betta's i have right now (not a year old) i was trying to breed them but the female is longer in length since i had her for longer time. do you know what finnage she is ? i think she is a combtail because the spikes aren't long as a crowntail, and veil tails don't have spikes. also is it ok when the female is longer in "length" not width to the male when i want them to breed??
Old 08-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #88 
smellsfishie

Bettalover, I've never bred my bettas before. So, that may be a good question to post in the breeding section on the forum. Hard to tell her tail type based on the photo, but I think you are probably right that she is a combtail.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #89 
betta lover1507

i will ask then =]. this is a somewhat long story.
first i bought the BT VT like female(i think she was a BT) th other day one of my crowntails died ( i miss lula) my dad with his tricky ways took my receipt and the dead CT female went to the petstore and they fell for it so i grabbed this VT bluish redish fins with a black body but my dad wanted me t get the red black( she was small with no blue rays and couldn't see any spikes) so i took her instead. she was the smallest female in my sorority, but when that sorority died ( during that sorority i had lunar ;] and he survived) i had no choice to give lunar away to my grandmother ( i got him back in 4 months or so). i put little luna in there with my AWESOMENESS algae eater "sharky" (he died i miss him sooooo much i had him since my first sorority and he growned to be 4 inches from being 0.5 inches) into a 5 gallon for awhile then i moved them into a 27 gallon where i had got silver, and dusk, chubo, and red. i had her in there for 2.5 months i think and i began noticing little spikes, i assumed she was a crowntail. during the time i had a 27 gallons my brother had started his fishie madness ( 1st barracuda [died} then 2 long fin danio [biggest one died} moved them into ten gallon got 1 angelfish {still alive} got another long fin) we then put all of our fish together ( poor sharky never returned to that tank {that tank we had combined together was my sorority tank the was a 30 gallon breeder long}), for a weeks they had been in there i joined here and seened betta finnages i seen a comb tail then i knew she was a comb tail because her spikes never grown long.
~end of story =3
Old 08-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #90 
smellsfishie

wow, some story! Sorry for all your fishie deaths :(