Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #1 
LittleBettas

Uh oh... gave in to VERY sick betta

So, Thursday I purchased two sick betta' Chile and Chance, Chile has VERY bad ammonia burns and his fins are curled, Chance, had BAD SBD not to mention he was extremelly thin and I suspect he may have had internal damage, sadly, Chance got worse today and passed away around dinner, I burried him along side Wildfire under a big oak tree.

Well, its tax free day and my BF wanted to go pick up more paper... so we go to Walmart... and of course, I just wanted to look (there was a GORGEOUS lime green betta there last time I havent been able to get out of my mind... and hes still there) and I found this little guy, obvious SBD and fin rot, almost no tails... and my heart gave... he reminds me of my little Wildfire with all of his spunk... so I got him... and left the pretty lime gren guy... again.

Well, I was wondering what everyone else thinks.. what are the chances of this guy surviving, what should I name him, and if you had the choice between a healthy lime green male VT with beauiful fins who was flaring at EVERYTHING and this: ....

(sorry I dont have a better pic... he wont stop moving!!!)

so:
what do you think he chance is of him making it?
name ideas?
and if you could choose between a healthy betta and a sick one, whichwould you do?
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:50 AM   #2 
LittleBettas

Im in love with this little guy.... he has NO fins and yet he has already built a cute little bubble nest <3

pictures from earlier, Ill take pics of him and his nest in the morning, he has FINALLY found a place to rest that he doesnt float onto his side (wedged between two leafs of a fake and the side of the tank)

Old 08-08-2011, 12:56 AM   #3 
ForbiddenSecrets

His SBD is really my main concern with him :/ The inability to swim properly can be a problem itself or merely a symptom of one. Hopefully it's just a temporary condition. If he's active and eating and you are providing him with a good, clean, and warm environment he might just pull though. The next few days will probably be the most telling.
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:01 AM   #4 
LittleBettas

He did eat earlier, made a bee-line for the pellet and gobbled it up, he isnt sinking sothats the good news, and he def. has the spirit to pull through, I do 100% water changes daly for QT tanks, because of his swimming issues hes in a 1 gal. tank half filled, temp is 78 and hes in an espm salt mixture with a bit of extra coat and water conditionoras per directions for fin growth

Im really praying he pulls through, I have been rescuing the sick bettas from Walmart and I lost two within two/three days of bringing them home :/
I just cant leave the sick ones to die in a filthy lttle cup, they deserve a chance and at the very least, a clean roomy place to pass away
Old 08-08-2011, 01:01 AM   #5 
Dozzem

I would call him Teddy! The name just came to me >.<

Goooooooooooooooood luck! That is very nice of you to save him!!!
Dozzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #6 
LittleBettas

Aw, what a cute name :P
so, so far the list consists of:
Tadpole
Worm
Teddy
Atlas

(Im a pain with name choosing, lol)

Thank you! he is SO worth it already!!!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #7 
ForbiddenSecrets

I like the name Cadfael for him meaning 'battle prince' in welsh.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:12 AM   #8 
LittleBettas

How do you say that? lol
Old 08-08-2011, 01:18 AM   #9 
hmckin20

"kahd-fay-el" maybe?

but there's an ancient celtic hero called Finn. it means both fair and warriorlike. he'd make a cute finn (no pun intended)

aww what troopers. i really hope they make it, they're a couple of cuties. keep us updated.
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:29 AM   #10 
ForbiddenSecrets

CAD-vile [kadvaɨl]