Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #1 
smellsfishie

Help me name my Marble Dragon Halfmoon!

I have had this guy for like a month and I just can't name him! Background: This is a guy I bought from aquabid.com. I was buying another fish (Pencil), who the breeder told me was not doing so hot, so he was offering a second freebie fish in case the one I ordered died. So he showed me a white betta to be my freebie and I was not thrilled. So I asked for more options. He sent me like 5-6 more pics of other bettas that were STUNNING! So i chose a yellow HM (Chester Cherub) for my freebie, and then HAD HAD HAD to buy this other guy for the addtl $20 cause I could NOT pass him up...... Before I brought him home I named him "Robocop" cause thats what he reminded me of from his breeder photo. But now having him here, he is so much more gorgeous than I imagined and so amazing that I feel he needs a much better name! I just can't think of one! So, longwinded story complete, here's some pics for reference, and maybe the story will help get creative juices flowing for good name ideas!! Thanks!!!

Breeder photo:
Name:  1a Marble guy my cutie FANCY DRAGON HM #260.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  37.7 KB

6/15/11 When I first got him, all stressy and no black whatsoever :( he didn't recoup for a week or so. Had to use some "general cure" to perk him back up.
Name:  bettas bettas bettas 109.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  43.0 KB

7/9/11 (Now):
Name:  what elseee 260.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  61.3 KB
Name:  what elseee 279.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  49.4 KB
Name:  what elseee 280.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  40.2 KB
Name:  what elseee 294.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  33.1 KB
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #2 
itbites

He's gorgeous!! You could just call him that? lol
itbites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #3 
BetterBetta

He reminds me of a tidal wave(: He truly is magnificent!
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #4 
smellsfishie

The flash makes him look more teal but he is a darker blue in person, more similar to the breeder photo blue but not quite that dark. He is very skinny (despite feeding him lots... and lots... and he eats like a pig) and he is very friendly and curious. Never stops moving when he sees me. But if I am not there to feed him, he rests inside his little cave :} like a dog in a dog house :P He reminds me of a painting with his colors. He also has a very white face, in person... and so sort of reminds me of a ghost but I don't like ghosts so I don't want to name him that!

I also just watched "How to train your dragon" (SO GOOD!) and so I am almost wanting to name him Dragon or Toothless, but maybe those names are not regal enough?! Please help. lol.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #5 
Luimeril

my sister said "name him Fish. cause, he's a fish." xD i laughed.

i'd name him...... >3< Limon. x: cause, his scales shine the color of lemon-lime kool-aid(*just made some Lemon-Lime Kool-aid*) .... >.>; *bad at names*
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #6 
smellsfishie

He does kind of look like a tidal wave! cooool... maybe reminiscent of those japanese prints..... Love these!!!!

Name:  ahok-1b.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  32.5 KB
Old 07-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #7 
smellsfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
my sister said "name him Fish. cause, he's a fish." xD i laughed.

i'd name him...... >3< Limon. x: cause, his scales shine the color of lemon-lime kool-aid(*just made some Lemon-Lime Kool-aid*) .... >.>; *bad at names*
ha! well, I pretty much HAVE named him fish, so far! :P That, or "little fish" is what I call him when I say hi...
Old 07-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #8 
smellsfishie

Those japanese wave prints are by a guy named Hokusai. Maybe Hokusai or Hoku or Ahok? I think the wave print was near mount Fuji too so maybe Fuji?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #9 
BetterBetta

I think Fuji would suit him well :D But then again, so would Hokusai! As soon as I saw your betta I thought of that Japanese print but didn't know the name of it >:(
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #10 
bby1984

He looks awesome =). I love the Japanese print. It reminds me of the power of Poseidon or Neptune, Greek and Roman Gods of the sea.
bby1984 is offline   Reply With Quote