Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #1 
Vaughan06

Finding a Green Betta Fish

Due to upcoming changes in my life, I have decided not to buy another Betta until I have settled into where I am going. HOWEVER, I have made a deal with myself that if I ever see a green Betta at the store I will buy him on the spot. With that being said, how hard is it to find a green Betta, particularly a Crowntail?
Vaughan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #2 
Betta Slave

If you want a solid green boy, pretty freakin' hard- they're very uncommon. However, if you are fine with a fish that has a bit of green in it (there are many bettas that are blue w/ areas of green on them) that won't be a challenge.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #3 
BetterBetta

True green and purple bettas are probably the rarest, out of any tail type. However, they're a lot of beautiful turquoise bettas that have a green-ish tint. Don't give up, you may find a true green betta, although they are extremely rare
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #4 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaughan06 View Post
Due to upcoming changes in my life, I have decided not to buy another Betta until I have settled into where I am going. HOWEVER, I have made a deal with myself that if I ever see a green Betta at the store I will buy him on the spot. With that being said, how hard is it to find a green Betta, particularly a Crowntail?
join the club Vaughan. i got thr same obsession with green betta. i did manage to find mine by 200% luck on AB. embettafarm on aquabid has soem green ones.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #5 
Vaughan06

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
join the club Vaughan. i got thr same obsession with green betta. i did manage to find mine by 200% luck on AB. embettafarm on aquabid has soem green ones.
I seen a green King Betta, but my interests lie with Crowntails. I work at Walmart and we get new Bettas every Thursday, but rarely anything other than dark blue Crowntails. The fanciest one I've seen thus far was a pink Betta with purple edged fins... I thought it would sell first BUT it sold 3rd to last... I should have bought it for my daughter.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #6 
Vaughan06

I just checked out the Aquabid website, and while I didn't see any green CTs, those black ones sure do look wicked
Old 08-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #7 
nel3

Quote:
I just checked out the Aquabid website, and while I didn't see any green CTs, those black ones sure do look wicked
you'll probably notice my pm but i havent seen any green CT yet on ab either. saw some of his other green tail types.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #8 
Vaughan06

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
you'll probably notice my pm but i havent seen any green CT yet on ab either. saw some of his other green tail types.
I'm new here so I wouldn't have noticed the PM if you hadn't informed me. I agree with you on that last link; it is one fine Betta.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #9 
nel3

Quote:
I'm new here so I wouldn't have noticed the PM if you hadn't informed me. I agree with you on that last link; it is one fine Betta.
sorry i couldnt find a green CT but we all know green are hard to find :(. i usually save any pics of green bettas to make a nice pic collection. id get that last betta if i had room for it.

Last edited by nel3; 08-09-2011 at 02:11 PM.